fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function?

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 1 month 3 weeks ago #27009

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 623
dankra wrote:
Does this mean that @Chetan will not be considering this feature for the dev team?

This is totally being considered and reviewed :).

Thank You,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: APEXCreative, dankra

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 1 month 3 weeks ago #27012

admin wrote:
dankra wrote:
Does this mean that @Chetan will not be considering this feature for the dev team?

This is totally being considered and reviewed :).

Thank You,
Chetan
Can you tell us a timepath how long it would take to realize the option if the team decide it to add it to the JD Builder Pro option?

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 1 month 3 weeks ago #27011

admin wrote:
Hello Both,

Just to make sure I understand what you are looking for? You want a category blog/list layout for JD Builder items and NOT Joomla articles.

Right?

Thanks,
Chetan
That's right Chetan, did you check out the link of mij current website? I want to make a news item (page) in a category so the 'blog' function of the website sees it as the neweste blog item and it will appear on the website with a pagination to see more news.

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 1 month 3 weeks ago #27085

• admin
  • Administrator
Thanks both of your for your patience in this matter. We have reviewed it and it looks like the pagination is something that we don't have currently built into JD Builder and will take a lot of additional development time/resources.

This is a nice function and we'd like to add it to JD Builder but the current project timeline doesn't allow us to get this done for the future few versions.

However, if you guys have any other suggestions for any short term solutions, I'd love to help.

Thank you,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 1 month 3 weeks ago #27102

Thank you for your reply. I have three websites that I wish to update to a JD Builder Pro setup, but the blog function is necessary to have at least the same basic functionalities as we now have. May I assume that a blog function will not be added in the next three months? I’m looking for a work around, but it is too hard to tell a client they need to make a Joomla article with a JD layout in it, but with an intro text, read more and first image in Joomla (to see it in the Joomla blog list), and you have to save the page with JD open, otherwise you don’t see the content that you have made in JD Builder. There is a 2018 template called JD Magazine, a website like that can’t be made with JD Builder right now?

I hate to say it, because I’m a real Joomla believer, but I’m considering to check out Elementor for Wordpress if they have a solution. I love working with JD Builder, but in my opinion a blog function is a basic tool that a lot of the people would love to use in their website.

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 1 month 3 weeks ago #27126

• admin
  • Administrator
Hello,

Like I said earlier, it's hard for me to give any kind of timeline to this but yes you can be sure if it's happening it's not probably happening in next 3 months.

I am a Joomla enthusiast just like you are but work in WordPress and elementor all the time and let me tell you, you'll find about 10 different to do the above in elementor. WordPress just had way too many options and way too many developers developing plugins.

We wish to take Joomla some day (or atleast JD Builder) to that level, but it's going to be take time, persistence and a hell lot of testing.

Thank you,
Chetan
Thank You,

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 1 month 3 weeks ago #27161

If you need help with testing, let me know.

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 1 month 3 weeks ago #27164

• admin
  • Administrator
APEXCreative wrote:
If you need help with testing, let me know.

I'll surely do that. Thank you and have a good weekend.
Thank You,

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 1 month 1 week ago #27521

• dankra
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Chetan,
I've been using JDBuilder quite often and since you asked about suggestions here's just a few:

Quick Link to Clear Cache so there's no need to go to Options -> Global Options, every time

Copy / paste element styles – to same element type.
(A separate function from copy / paste entire element.)

Add Slimbox option to button function (already available on gallery images)

Able to Build (or modify) Template with JDBuilder - Better integrate Astroid Framework with JD Builder

Particles Word Cloud menu from tags

Examples of Aholic extensions

You may want to start a separate topic for this as I have others that I could be added. Thanks for your interest!
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by dankra.

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 1 month 1 week ago #27523

• admin
  • Administrator
Please post here: www.joomdev.com/forum/announcements/5948...gestions-from-dankra and we can continue the discussion there.
Thank You,
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.920 seconds
Cron Job Starts