fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dynamically animated text displays badly depending on the device and the screen resolution (maybe also density?)

Dynamically animated text displays badly depending on the device and the screen resolution (maybe also density?) 8 months 12 hours ago #27552

• FX2LTD
Hi, the link is:
fx2.it
It's the home page. The animated text is made of two words, a space where three words are animated, and two more words.
On my mobile phone, the words are just all overlapping each others, I was expecting them to resize and keep the same aspect ration.
On my 12" LINX tablet (True Widescreen 12.5” IPS TFT LCD - Resolution: Full HD, 1920 x 1080) the display is perfect. On my LG 29WK500/50S 29" Widescreen monitor, one of the animated words overlaps with the following word on the right of it.
Pictures attached.
How could I make sure that the displays is correct on every device?
Thanks in advance
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dynamically animated text displays badly depending on the device and the screen resolution (maybe also density?) 7 months 4 weeks ago #27594

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi,

If you want to correctly show the heading on all devices then please set the typography for mobile and tab screens as well.
Especially the line height in your case.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by nishtha.

Dynamically animated text displays badly depending on the device and the screen resolution (maybe also density?) 7 months 4 weeks ago #27622

• FX2LTD
Thanks!

Could you please pinpoint me to what elements I should look at? There are properties and CSS for everything... Is that in the Astroid framework layout settings, or in the Page properties in JDBuilder? I have found the line height in the blue "Animated Header Settings", but in that area I have only found an option to hide it on other type of devices ("responsiveness"), not to adjust it...

Dynamically animated text displays badly depending on the device and the screen resolution (maybe also density?) 7 months 4 weeks ago #27623

• FX2LTD
Sorry, I found it... It was hiding and just activated when I moved the mouse onto it...

Dynamically animated text displays badly depending on the device and the screen resolution (maybe also density?) 7 months 3 weeks ago #27666

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
So does that mean problem is solved now?

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Dynamically animated text displays badly depending on the device and the screen resolution (maybe also density?) 7 months 3 weeks ago #27670

• FX2LTD
Hi,
It is much better now, but the problem is not solved.
I think it comes to the way the various animation effects are handled.
I have been experimenting with all of them, and I have realised that the output (and possible issues) depend also on the type of effect used.
It would be nice to have the possibility of controlling the spacing of each single block, as the results, as said, depend on the way the words are placed, how long they are, if they have a style, have spaces etc.
The part that is going to be animated, I am not sure if it is considered as a block or not, but it does not fit correctly with the previous block and the following block. I have used the effect "zoom", and if I align it to the left or right, it leaves a huge gap between itself and the previous and the following blocks (justification does not seem to do anything to me). If I align it to the center, the effects works in a strange way and there is a fraction of a second where you can see the word moving to the left, before disappearing and leaving space to the other word (animation in the zoom effect).

Also, I have realised that, despite keeping the same font properties as the other blocks (i.e. font type, size, line height etc.), the animated text looks a tiny bit smaller than the previous and the following blocks, I think like 4-6 pixels less.
I am also having the issue that when, changing the various layout options (desktop, tablet, mobile phone) what I see while working, is not the same thing that appears after saving, and that it changes whilst saving. I believe it might be because the JDBuilder layout options consider resolutions that are not including all the various devices resolutions and aspect ratios.

But, in the end, if it were possible to space words between each other with a parameter similar to "letter spacing", and the various effects behaviour could be tested (centered text should not be moving to the left before fading out), I believe that it would be already a great improvement. It is not just a matter of how it works, but also of how it looks. On my 29" monitor, the end of the animated text still overlaps the block following it, and I have tried several times to fix it, after some times it goes back to it. I would need to put some space between the two...

Regards

Dynamically animated text displays badly depending on the device and the screen resolution (maybe also density?) 4 months 15 hours ago #29901

• FX2LTD
Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that after so many months, the problem is still there...

Regards

Dynamically animated text displays badly depending on the device and the screen resolution (maybe also density?) 3 months 4 weeks ago #29937

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 646
Thanks, we are looking at a fix.
Thank You,
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds
Cron Job Starts