fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Social Links Element

Social Links Element 7 months 3 weeks ago #27567

• dankra
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
I can't figure out why the top ul is offset on this element, any thoughts on how to fix? Social icons on right side here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Social Links Element 7 months 3 weeks ago #27578

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi,

Sorry but we can't see where that is on the right?

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Social Links Element 7 months 3 weeks ago #27627

• dankra
  • Premium Member
I have provided screen shots. I'm trying to achieve is in first shot. The other screen grabs show the Astroid header settings and Social icons module setting with custom css.

The third #3 screen shot shows the css where /*margin-left deactivated fixes the misalignment. However, I don't know where those
    selectors are found and as you see it's commented out, but still applying that commented selector.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by dankra.

Social Links Element 7 months 3 weeks ago #27655

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 648
For the moment we are provided a horizontal view but you created vertically view through the CSS.
Use the attached code to fix the alignment.

self > ul li a { margin-left: 0; margin-right: 0;  }

Note: Space between options will not work in this case. You have to do it manaully.

Thanks,
Chandan
Attachments:
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Social Links Element 7 months 1 week ago #27952

• dankra
  • Premium Member
@chandan thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't appear to have worked. With your help I'd like to try a different approach. Is it possible to publish the Social Icons module to the off-canvas menu and then use css to make it always open and sticky?

Thank you, please advise!

Social Links Element 7 months 1 week ago #27961

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
Hello,

Replies in order:

1. I checked, I think my code is not added.
2. Yes, you can do it, and might be you need some CSS

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,

Social Links Element 7 months 1 week ago #27996

• dankra
  • Premium Member
Ok thank you! You have seen what my goal is from the previous screen shot. (see above)

Can you provide steps to publish this Social Icons module to off-canvas menu. I would like it to be vertical aligned on right and sticky (always open) so I will need to know which CSS to adjust (or add) to custom css field so the icons are stacked and position is lower on the page than the current off-canvas position.

Thank you for your assistance.
Last Edit: 7 months 1 week ago by dankra.

Social Links Element 7 months 1 week ago #28033

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
Simple, create a module with JD Builder and published it on offcanvas module position.
Thank You,

Social Links Element 7 months 5 days ago #28052

• dankra
  • Premium Member
@chandan I sincerely do not want to communicate with you for help. In most every request your help is a thin veneer of an answer or minor glance at the details I am offering.

Can you please escalate my requests to someone willing to be helpful? Thank you!

My goal is from the reposted screen shot. (see attached)

Can SOMEONE provide the steps to:
  1. Publish the Social Icons module to off-canvas menu.
  2. And, which options for it to be vertical aligned on right and STICKY (always open.)
  3. Ideally, this would be ALWAYS open, but without the hamburger icon visible.
  4. Which CSS I will need to adjust (or add) to custom css field so the icons are stacked and position is lower on the page than the current off-canvas position.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 months 5 days ago by dankra.

Social Links Element 7 months 5 days ago #28069

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hey @dankra,

Sorry if Chandan couldn't assist you better on this one. Let me try and see if I can you, replies in order:

#1 Create a JD Builder module with Social Links element >> Style the module according to your requirement >> Assign it to the offcanvas module position >> Save and Close the changes. (www.screencast.com/t/AArXU6IufU).

#2 Once you have published the module with custom CSS, you can align the icons vertically for which Chandan had shared you the CSS code on this reply #27655 that you will have to add within the element.

#3 Now this part requires a lot of custom development work on your end and we cannot provide you everything here. Sorry to say but there are some restrictions to the support we provide for our free products on forum.
But if you are still not able to figure things out then please contact our custom support on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. he'll be there to help you with that.

#4 To align the icons vertically you can refer to the CSS shared in reply #27655 that you need to add in the element. To place it in the offcanvas at a lower position on the page is a custom work for which I have already given you the details whom to contact with.

Let us know if this made things clear in anyway.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds
Cron Job Starts