fbpx

Summer Sale: Enjoy Flat 35% Discount on all the Joomla Products. No Coupon RequiredGrab the Deal Now!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Urgent Can't Edit JD Builder Page

Urgent Can't Edit JD Builder Page 3 weeks 17 hours ago #29911

• dankra
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
*********** BTW THIS FORUM WON"T PERMIT ADDING LINK FROM EDITOR BUTTON ***********

I'm very close to launching this site and the designated home page won't open in JD Builder – just get preloader.

I had made an edit on the page that may not have saved and now I can't access. I'm able to edit other pages but not this one. I also tried to duplicate and then edit the copy but same problem. Cleared cache at all levels (Joomla, Astroid, JDBuilder) and purged the session. Find site here: ewclv.org

UPDATE:
I looked at the following db tables: "jdbuilder_pages" and "jdbuilder_layouts" for the broken page. The page and layout 'id' for both is "5" When I look at the 'params value' for the layout record, there seems to be an abrupt line end.

Can I replace only the 'params value' for the layout from a backup db record? OR, do I need to replace the params value for both the page AND layout from backup? Please advise

Note: I can't replace the entire database because I've added and configured other components at this site which will take too much time to reconfigure.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 12 hours ago by dankra.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Urgent Can't Edit JD Builder Page 2 weeks 6 days ago #29930

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 640
dankra wrote:
*********** BTW THIS FORUM WON"T PERMIT ADDING LINK FROM EDITOR BUTTON ***********

I'm very close to launching this site and the designated home page won't open in JD Builder – just get preloader.

I had made an edit on the page that may not have saved and now I can't access. I'm able to edit other pages but not this one. I also tried to duplicate and then edit the copy but same problem. Cleared cache at all levels (Joomla, Astroid, JDBuilder) and purged the session. Find site here: ewclv.org

UPDATE:
I looked at the following db tables: "jdbuilder_pages" and "jdbuilder_layouts" for the broken page. The page and layout 'id' for both is "5" When I look at the 'params value' for the layout record, there seems to be an abrupt line end.

Can I replace only the 'params value' for the layout from a backup db record? OR, do I need to replace the params value for both the page AND layout from backup? Please advise

Note: I can't replace the entire database because I've added and configured other components at this site which will take too much time to reconfigure.

The reason for the abrupt line could be a PHP limit (where the whole JSON didn't save) and hence the editor is not able to load it.

If you have an older backup, you can just replace the column with the JSON from backup and it will work fine. Be sure the whole JSON is DB and up your PHP limits a little bit as well.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Urgent Can't Edit JD Builder Page 2 weeks 6 days ago #29939

• dankra
  • Premium Member
@chetan thanks for the response. I won't tire you of the details, but yes I was able to retrieve a backup and able to overcome the problem.

AS far as increasing the PHP Limits I will say that after seeing how much data is being dumped into the params values for these (2) DB tables "jdbuilder_pages" and "jdbuilder_layouts" I was shocked at how much code is being stored there. The page in question was one of the available Joomdev templates "Event 1" and I only had 3-4 sections published/active most were turned off.

Is there a reason all that code needs to stored in those tables when much of it is unused. Would appreciate your feedback, thanks!

Urgent Can't Edit JD Builder Page 2 weeks 3 days ago #29986

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 640
dankra wrote:
@chetan thanks for the response. I won't tire you of the details, but yes I was able to retrieve a backup and able to overcome the problem.

AS far as increasing the PHP Limits I will say that after seeing how much data is being dumped into the params values for these (2) DB tables "jdbuilder_pages" and "jdbuilder_layouts" I was shocked at how much code is being stored there. The page in question was one of the available Joomdev templates "Event 1" and I only had 3-4 sections published/active most were turned off.

Is there a reason all that code needs to stored in those tables when much of it is unused. Would appreciate your feedback, thanks!

Well, the way we store (which is incorrect) is all the json keys are stored empty and even if you don't have any values (settings), it will still save empty keys inside JSON.

We have this fixed in the newer version and the JSON is much smaller (nested) and just the values that are changed.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dankra

Urgent Can't Edit JD Builder Page 2 weeks 1 day ago #30001

• dankra
  • Premium Member
@chetan thanks for your response.

I remember mention of an update to JDBuilder last month, is that still in the works? Any idea when that will be released?
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds