fbpx

Summer Sale: Enjoy Flat 35% Discount on all the Joomla Products. No Coupon RequiredGrab the Deal Now!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: menus disappearing on hover / sticky menu problems / too much space between the rows

menus disappearing on hover / sticky menu problems / too much space between the rows 4 days 10 hours ago #30102

• mjkgr
I am still struggling with my first JoomDev/JD Builder site.

URL new2021.wittelawn.com/
Joomla! 3.9.27 Stable
Framework Version: 2.4.3
JD_Berlin Template Version: 1.5

There is too much space between the rows: new2021.wittelawn.com/index.php/about-us
I have tried using minus numbers for the row spacing and padding before and after, but there seems to be no impact on the space between rows. I also tried using photos in line, but the text did not format correctly, there was one line centered vertically to the right of the photo and the rest was underneath the photo.

On the top of the page, the main menu disappears on hover. Text should be yellow on hover, If you drop the cursor below the text it shows yellow.

The sticky menu function is really great except it reformats the menus to two rows and moves the logo for no apparent reason. One would think that the sticky menu would default to perform as the menu is configured before scrolling.

An additional sticky menu issue is the highlighting of part of the menu name. We added a custom CSS file to eliminate that on the main menu, but now it is showing up, but only on the sticky menu. (see attached images).

The administrator has disabled public write access.

menus disappearing on hover / sticky menu problems / too much space between the rows 2 days 17 hours ago #30106

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 640
mjkgr wrote:
I am still struggling with my first JoomDev/JD Builder site.

URL new2021.wittelawn.com/
Joomla! 3.9.27 Stable
Framework Version: 2.4.3
JD_Berlin Template Version: 1.5

There is too much space between the rows: new2021.wittelawn.com/index.php/about-us
I have tried using minus numbers for the row spacing and padding before and after, but there seems to be no impact on the space between rows. I also tried using photos in line, but the text did not format correctly, there was one line centered vertically to the right of the photo and the rest was underneath the photo.

On the top of the page, the main menu disappears on hover. Text should be yellow on hover, If you drop the cursor below the text it shows yellow.

The sticky menu function is really great except it reformats the menus to two rows and moves the logo for no apparent reason. One would think that the sticky menu would default to perform as the menu is configured before scrolling.

An additional sticky menu issue is the highlighting of part of the menu name. We added a custom CSS file to eliminate that on the main menu, but now it is showing up, but only on the sticky menu. (see attached images).

Hi Michael,

Here are the replies to your items in order:

This page (new2021.wittelawn.com/) has empty paragraphs that are creating empty space and if you remove that it should go away. I am referring to the phone number and Make Payment section (unless that is intentional). By default the section and rows have some padding/margin that can be zeroed out easily by going to Design Spacing and just hit enter zero for all.

The text is yellow on hover but in your css file there is some CSS that's probably making it white. It could be coming from the backend or it could be in the CSS file itself.

If you want to keep the main header layout. You can disable the sticky and make the header itself sticky by adding the boostrap class to header section in the layout manager.
getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/examples/navbar-top-fixed/

Let me know?

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

menus disappearing on hover / sticky menu problems / too much space between the rows 2 days 15 hours ago #30108

• mjkgr
Thank you very much.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds
Cron Job Starts