fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Just start to look at your JD Builder, first show stopper for me, Accordions?

Just start to look at your JD Builder, first show stopper for me, Accordions? 3 weeks 13 hours ago #30285

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 11
I’m a fan of accordions and use them in all my websites to pack information without having a page a mile long. I also use them as important sections of faqs pages that can be reach by a top menu or links in the website using anchors links.

you can create easily accessible big or short block of information for everybody and even creating a way more lean experience for mobile users to access them without having to look at everything.

For me accordions inside a builder like JD need these qualities:
1. being able to add any content from the builder directly inside the accordion, it should be no difference between adding blocks, templates and All to a page or inside an accordion.
2. Accordion items should work with anchors links in the same page or from an other page.
e.g. Top menu with menu items sending people and opening an accordion item in view to access infos
e.g. Link in a page send you to another page, to the accordion item and open it for you

Your JD Builder accordions seem to have good settings but missing these basics qualities for usable accordions on a typical websites.

Maybe I’m wrong for the accordions?

• This is one of the reason why I’m not & will not use your Builder.

• The second reason is even more important and put the last nail in the coffin (without being to dramatic...)
— It’s the fact that a JOOMLA web builder/editor should work the EXACT SAME WAY IN FRONTEND EDITION than in an article or a custom module. Any traditional editor in Joomla work the same way in both type of edition. It make sens, you need the same way of edition everywhere in Joomla.

It’s difficult enough for “Editors” to learn a way to edit, if you have multiple way it become a nightmare and finally kind of uselless, worst it diminish the power of Joomla to be able to edit everything the same way back & front and that from the first versions of Joomla.

Even few Developer (one is well known) understood that and develop their builder that exact way .
One Great Builder to Edit them All!
Just like Sauron!
Last Edit: 3 weeks 13 hours ago by Chacapamac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Just start to look at your JD Builder, first show stopper for me, Accordions? 2 weeks 4 days ago #30313

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 642
Alright, We get it! Your demands are pretty obvious (even though we have not adressed them initially). We'll try to include them in the new version and see if we can get you to use JD Builder with Accordions.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Just start to look at your JD Builder, first show stopper for me, Accordions? 2 weeks 3 days ago #30319

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 11
That will be great Chetan and also great for all actual & future users of Your Builder.
You will be the third Builder out there that are really “Joomla friendly“ (one is not really known but gaining momentum, one is from a renown company that are great but missing essential parts ( like working accordions) and with some serious design flaw that seem to stay versions after versions...

Knowing Now the quality of Astroid , I’m sure that JD BUILDER can come on top of any competition and become THE Drag & Drop editor of Joomla.
You can even use that identical frontend/backend capability as a major point of sale for your builder.

Good Day to the GREAT JoomDev Team!
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Chacapamac.

Just start to look at your JD Builder, first show stopper for me, Accordions? 2 weeks 2 days ago #30331

• dankra
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm going to add one more question here which isn't just about accordions. It has to do with the integration of Joomla data into JDBuilder templates / elements, and JDB extensions.

It seems obvious that the settings of most JDB elements should be interchangeable with JD extensions to minimize redundancy, but it would also be best if JD elements & extensions (such as Accordions) were able to use Joomla Articles.

The whole advantage of the CMS is to keep data, design, and function independent of each other. At present there seems to be a lot of data that MUST be embedded in the elements. I know this is common among many Joomla extensions, but is there a better way to pull data – from articles for example – and apply the styles and function of the element?

I had to use a third-party Accordion module recently because this isn't available in JDB module or elements. Is this something that could be an option in the JDB Article/s element?
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds
Cron Job Starts