0Seconds
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Protecting Images - 1px transparent overlay

Protecting Images - 1px transparent overlay 11 months 2 weeks ago #12147

• SaMILE
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,
I know there is no solution that totally protects images on a website, since they are in the cache anyway. I would still like to make it a little harder to download them.

Right know I can just rightclick on the background images of my website and download them. Since I don't like the idea of blocking a rightclick I searched for a diffrent solution. I found that on some websites there is a second image that is just 1px and transparent that overlays the acutal background image. So a right click is still possible but only the 1px image will be shown or downloaded. I think flickr did that some time ago.

How can I achive that in joomla.

Also then the url of the original image is still visible in the source code. Is there a way to hide it?
Maybe with php? I've seen something similar with email addresses that where hidden in a php file.

Thanks for your help!
Sam
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by SaMILE.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Protecting Images - 1px transparent overlay 11 months 2 weeks ago #12149

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 481
Sam,
It's something that's possible with a plugin or something.
I'd suggest looking for Javascript plugin (outside joomla) that may allow somewhat similar functionality.
Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds