fbpx

Astroid 2.4 Landed with Joomla 4 Compatibility Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: JD Dallas Template JavaScript Errors

JD Dallas Template JavaScript Errors 1 year 1 month ago #16969

• michaelp
Hello

We purchased a template from you (JD Dallas) several months ago now, however we have discovered that some of the JavaScript files within the template itself are causing issues with our websites scroll function. Specifically the ‘scrolling-nav.js’ and ‘smoothscroll.js’ seem to cause a jitter/jump effect when scrolling up and down the page. We were unsuccessful in finding an official fix so we have had to use a third-party plugin to exclude the smoothscroll.js file from being loaded.

Essentially I was just wondering if you could provide an insight into any other potential fixes for this error (rather than just excluding the file from being loaded) or if this error is being looked into for the next template update.

Please let me know if you have any information regarding the above

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

JD Dallas Template JavaScript Errors 1 year 1 month ago #16978

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 592
Hello,

We haven't had anyone report a similar error so no it's not being looked into.
They only add the smooth scrolling effect and you can exclude the files if they don't work well in your environment.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

JD Dallas Template JavaScript Errors 1 year 1 month ago #16999

• michaelp
Hello
It seems the issue is also occurring on your live demo version here -> demo.joomdev.com/dallas/ if you open up dev tools on chrome (F12) and go to the console, you can plainly see the error.
There have also been others reporting the same type of issue on your forums, such as here -> www.joomdev.com/forum/jd-dallas/1202-can...y-split-of-undefined
and here -> www.joomdev.com/forum/jd-dallas/937-jquery-conflicts
I would advise looking into it as it causes an unpleasant experience for users and may even dissuade developers from purchasing this template in the future.

JD Dallas Template JavaScript Errors 1 year 1 month ago #17019

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 592
Hi Michael,

I do see what you are talking about. I am going to try and get to the bottom of this and get back to you with a fix.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds