fbpx

Missed the Birthday Party? Still You Can Enjoy the PartyView Deal

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Login -Incorrect login details message displays on home page

Login -Incorrect login details message displays on home page 10 months 3 weeks ago #17640

Hi,
I have the default jdfitness layout and have only changed content i.e. photos articles etc.
I have activated the Login Register module and created some users.
If I enter the wrong login details on the login page the Warning message "Username and password do not match ...." is forced to load in the messages section/postion on the Home Page followed by the login module.
Is this normal or have i broken something?
I want these messages to dislay in the login/register page.

Many thanks

Richy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Login -Incorrect login details message displays on home page 10 months 3 weeks ago #17649

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 582
Hi Richy,

Login Register is a module so technically it doesn't really have a page of it's own. If the login/registration isn't successful the user is sent to the Joomla's default
login/registration page. In your case it's going to the homepage, because you don't have a menu item for Login or Registration page. I'd suggest setting up a hidden menu and add menu items for both login and Register and Joomla will recognize and pick them up and redirect the user's there on failures instead of the homepage.

Thank You,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Login -Incorrect login details message displays on home page 10 months 2 weeks ago #17683

Thank you.

I had created "login" in the menu but not "registration".

R.

Login -Incorrect login details message displays on home page 10 months 2 weeks ago #17701

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 582
Hi Richy,

I am not sure if your reply was relevant and what the problem is now? Have you followed the directions in last post.
Do you understand what the issue was?

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds