fbpx

Biggest Sale of the Year - Save 60% Now!!

Days
Hrs
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Edit the Banner slider.

Edit the Banner slider. 6 months 2 weeks ago #22141

Hi,

I couldn't edit the banner slider to customise the pictures. I cannot see this module in the template. Could you please help with this?

Thanks

Arumai
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Edit the Banner slider. 6 months 2 weeks ago #22152

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 613
Hi Arumai,

The Banner is done in SmartSlider. Look under components >> SmartSlider.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Edit the Banner slider. 6 months 2 weeks ago #22180

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for the reply. I have installed template-only because I have another template running this live site. I cannot see the "components" in template only. Quickstart contains "Components" , if I install quickstart, will it alter the live site's database?

Thanks

Arumai

Edit the Banner slider. 6 months 2 weeks ago #22183

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 613
Hi Arumai,

Installing the template only gives you the styling (i.e. buttons, menus, colors, links and other UI/UX elements).
Installing the quickstart gives you the demo content (exactly like the demo site) but replaces all your existing Joomla content.

I hope the above info is helpful.
Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Edit the Banner slider. 6 months 2 weeks ago #22211

Hi Chetan,

1) Current live site is running on another template. If I install the quickstart, it will have its own default content and I can switch it to our live content and modify
it. This is my understanding. Hope quickstart will not install the whole Joomla!!. Could you please clarify this.
2) If I choose to install the quick start How can I initiate the install because Only 20Mb limit for drang and drop the installation folder to Joomla installation??

Thanks

Arumai

Edit the Banner slider. 6 months 2 weeks ago #22214

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 149
Hi Arumai,

Like you said that you only have the JD Gurukul template package file installed on your Joomla which means you only got JD Gurukul's styling and not its demo content.

Now since you want to add an image slider similar to the one in JD Gurukul template design for that you need to install the SmartSlider for your Joomla site and then get things working there. After that if you have any template related problem then let us know.

Also you cannot install one Quickstart over the other just to get the demo content, because the quickstart package already contains Joomla. So one Joomla over another Joomla is not possible.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Senthilkumaran

Edit the Banner slider. 6 months 2 weeks ago #22221

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Do I have to purchase smart slider separate or since smart slider is part of this template development, is there any link I can go and download it. When I look at the Joomla extension directory, it is a "Paid Download".

Thanks
Arumai

Edit the Banner slider. 6 months 2 weeks ago #22232

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 149
Hi,

Well its both a Free & Paid extension, to know about the different extensions used in JD Gurukul just download the Extensions file from your download manager, unzip it and then open the Readme.txt file there it lists all the extensions along with their links including the SmartSlider you want.

Sorry but we can't directly provide you any 3rd party extension links here, that's why!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by nishtha.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds