fbpx
Flat 60% off on Everything
Days
Hrs
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Receiving Too Much Spam

Receiving Too Much Spam 2 years 11 months ago #5711

I'm certain that I am not the only subscriber that is experiencing high volumes of spam mail being sent through the forms on the JD templates. Essentially, I have not changed the forms at all other than a few field values - so they are very similar to the live demo versions. But I am getting a TON of spam submissions through these forms. I assume that you might suggest adding a Captcha to these forms but I am not sure this will help...I mean, your demo must be serving up all kinds of spam to you because it doesn't have a Captcha. Can you PLEASE give some tips for stopping this without breaking the design of the template?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Receiving Too Much Spam 2 years 11 months ago #5712

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 620
Hello,

Thanks for your post. I don't think if there is much we can do about the SPAM. Yes, Captcha is what we suggest... On our demo sites we have scripts that clear the submission tables every X hours or so as we don't need any of those... But I am positive you can't do the same.

However, I would suggest looking into a CloudFlare as well. I have used it back in the day myself and it really help prevents bots and other spam users from the website.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds