Astroid Framework - Next generation Joomla template builder Download Astroid

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rendering Error after login

Rendering Error after login 2 months 1 week ago #11636

• tcn
  • Thank you received: 3
Since a week or so, whenever I log in the forum with an account that has super user privileges, I get the following error:

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Module: Call to a member function cachedCompile() on null in /var/www/vhosts/transalpclub.nl/kunena.transalpclub.nl/plugins/system/helix3/core/helix3.php on line 774
Layout was rendered in /var/www/vhosts/transalpclub.nl/kunena.transalpclub.nl/components/com_kunena/template/crypsisb3/layouts/page/default.php on line 25

Login is successful, but I lose some of the layout modifications and the logout button. I already asked SourceCoast, the maker of the login module we use. I also asked for help on the Kunena forum. Together, we arrived at the conclusion that error is caused by the template or the framework. I dug around on the JoomShaper forum and found two posts, that may contain an answer, but I don't have a subscription, so I cannot view the replies. :S

1. www.joomshaper.com/forums/fatal-error-ca...menu-php-on-line-423
  2. www.joomshaper.com/forums/fatal-error-helix3-php
For more details, please have a look at my post on the Kunena Forum. Of course, I will answer any questions that arise as best as I can.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rendering Error after login 2 months 1 week ago #11642

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 314
Hello (again),

I am reviewing this. You don't need a subscription to be able to view the replies. Just a free account is enough.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Rendering Error after login 2 months 1 week ago #11643

• tcn
admin wrote:
I am reviewing this. You don't need a subscription to be able to view the replies. Just a free account is enough.
I have an account on their site. But even if I log in, they tell me I need a support subscription. Maybe something has changed. Or simply buying one of their templates will get you the subscription. I don't know.

Anyway, thanks for looking into it - again :P

Rendering Error after login 2 months 1 week ago #11644

• admin
  • Administrator
I just reviewed both the replies. They don't have anything valuable.

Just followups from the original poster confirming it's resolved but no idea on how it was accomplished.
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Rendering Error after login 2 months 1 week ago #11693

• tcn
Thanks for looking it up.

Any suggestions as how to troubleshoot further? It's not essential for us going live in 10 days. Since it only happens to super users logging in, we can live with it. But it would be nice to understand what's going on.

Rendering Error after login 2 months 1 week ago #11697

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi There,

This is indeed a helix cache and helix error. I am looking at the source code and It looks like it has something to do with Less files.
github.com/joomdev/jd_newyork/blob/maste...helix3.php#L765-L780

Have you added any custom less(CSS) files that may be causing this?

Also, it's just a warning and I think turning off error reporting will fix (hide) it.

BTW, I read the your post at the kunena forums B) .

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,

Rendering Error after login 2 months 1 week ago #11699

• tcn
admin wrote:
Have you added any custom less(CSS) files that may be causing this?
Yes, I added plenty of CSS using Less. So far, whenever I made a mistake and the resulting CSS was not correct, I got an error message telling me about the error. That was usually something like missing semicolons or accolades. However, if it's an error in the Less code, I wonder why it only surfaces when 'god almighty' logs in.
Also, it's just a warning and I think turning off error reporting will fix (hide) it.
Debugging and error reporting is currently turned off in Kunena and Joomla. The test site is live for our users to take a peek and provide feedback.

However, the result of that issue is that the output of the login module is no longer displayed. There should be a greeting and logout button. As colleague of mine always said: "Screenshots! Or it didn't happen." B)

Before login:

After login as normal user:

After login as super user:

Rendering Error after login 2 months 1 week ago #11700

• admin
  • Administrator
And when you do enabing debug. Do you get anything spicefic?
Thank You,

Rendering Error after login 2 months 1 week ago #11704

• tcn
No, not really. It just adds the path to files and lines involved in the error. I'd call it a fuller error message (as posted on the Kunena forum). But nothing that helps me determining what goes wrong.

Do you know if Helix3 keeps an internal cache somewhere? I already cleared all the caches that I have access to using the Joomla interface. But Helix3 doesn't seem to provide that option.

Rendering Error after login 2 months 1 week ago #11752

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi,

Helix has it's own cache but I don't know how that works (haven't dug into that yet). I'll try to reproduce this on our server and see if I can find a fix.

What version of PHP are you running?

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.521 seconds