fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED) Bug: Seattle 1.4 @ Astroid 2.1.1 -No banner in Blog articles

Bug: Seattle 1.4 @ Astroid 2.1.1 -No banner in Blog articles 2 years 3 months ago #13946

• Lexor
Hello!

After updating to Astroid 2.1.1 (from 2.1.0) there is following problem with JD Seattle 1.4 :
The title Banner (from Banner Options), that is defined for a menu item (Type: Blog) is displayed in the Blog layout page as expected. However, inside the Blog articles, the banner is is missing.

You can reproduce this bug in the Quickstart sample installation of JD Seattle 1.4 if you update to Astroid 2.1.1 and check one of the articles from the menu entry "Blog".

I haven't tested if there is the same problem with banners in other templates after an update to Astroid 2.1.1.

It would be great if you could fix it or write how to fix it myself.
Thank you!
The topic has been locked.

Bug: Seattle 1.4 @ Astroid 2.1.1 -No banner in Blog articles 2 years 3 months ago #13947

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 642
Hello,

This is a change in Astroid 2.1.1, where Banner is only available on the menu item it's published on and NOT on all sub menu items as well.
This is intentional and how it's suppose to work. If you want to have a banner for more than one menu item. I's suggest create a module position and publish a module.

Banner (as unique as they are), are meant to be for individual page only.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Bug: Seattle 1.4 @ Astroid 2.1.1 -No banner in Blog articles 2 years 3 months ago #13971

• Lexor
Hello,
Thank you for the quick answer!

I see the logic to the new behaviour as you explain it, but it is unexpected to say the least. Because most of your templates (as presented by the live demos) use the title banner 1) for every menu item and 2) that includes the blog page as well as its blog category articles/subpages.
With that in mind, I don't see that these banners are meant for some individual pages only. At least in your demos, they are usually used on every page (except home page).
Also note, that Joomla's native behaviour is similar to the one it used to be with the Astroid banner. Because when you publish a Joomla module at a blog page (in "Menu Assignment"), it stays active in the blog subpages, too. In my opinion, the best way would be to have a tick box in the Astroid Banner options to choose between both variants.

And it seems these templates have been clearly designed with the "old" style in mind: In the case of JD Seattle, for example, if the banner is not shown, parts of the website elements get hidden behind the main menu bar. This is shown in the attached screenshots: the breadcrumbs module gets hidden. If there is no breadcrumbs module published, its even worse, because then some article content gets cut off.

Your suggestion helped. I used a Custom Module, published it to module position "slider" and assigned it to the desired menu item to replicate the banner without it. Thank you for pointing me to that solution. However, due to the reasons above, this seems much more like a workaround rather then an intended behaviour.
I really appreciate your work and products, especially considering you are offering free templates! (It is really amazing and hard to imagine in my opinion)
But with JD Seattle the discussed thing seems to be a problem and I suspect it could be one for other templates, too.

Cheers!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Lexor. Reason: Added annotations (red) to attached screenshots

Bug: Seattle 1.4 @ Astroid 2.1.1 -No banner in Blog articles 2 years 3 months ago #13972

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 642
Hi,

Thanks for the brief reply and your kind words, It helps to know that our products (even though free), are being used by real people for making real useful websites and are having an impact (no matter, how smaller).

I agree with the opinion of having an option of whether to have the on the select menu item only or on all sub menu items and I can assure to that this will be in one of the future updates.
Yes, templates were built based on the old layout and we are working on correcting/fixing them as we go ahead with the new update.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lexor

Bug: Seattle 1.4 @ Astroid 2.1.1 -No banner in Blog articles 2 years 3 months ago #13975

• Lexor
Really happy to hear that! Thanks again

Bug: Seattle 1.4 @ Astroid 2.1.1 -No banner in Blog articles 2 years 3 months ago #14038

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi,

Is your query solved now? Can we close this issue?

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Bug: Seattle 1.4 @ Astroid 2.1.1 -No banner in Blog articles 2 years 3 months ago #14063

• Lexor
Hi, yes, issue solved, topic can be closed.
Thank you

Bug: Seattle 1.4 @ Astroid 2.1.1 -No banner in Blog articles 2 years 3 months ago #14094

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 645
Thank you for the information
Thank You,

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds
Cron Job Starts