fbpx

Missed the Birthday Party? Still You Can Enjoy the PartyView Deal

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Template does not save values

Template does not save values 10 months 1 week ago #17861

Site has a few templates created using the Seattle template for different layouts. Only the layout changes in each template, so exporting and importing seems to work best for keeping a consistent look.
Updated to Seattle 1.5 with Astroid 2.2.3. Had the sticky header issue but a save without any modifications fixed that except for one template. To resolve the one template issue another template was recreated and layout was duplicated. That seemed for fix that issue.

but...

Now if I make a change, feature on/off or color change, save and close out, if I go back in the changes are reverted. Some templates do save changes but others are not able to.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Template does not save values 10 months 1 week ago #17862

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 582
Hello,

The issue doesn't make sense (not your writing, but the issue in general), we do get reports from other users using Astroid too and nothing similar has come through.

I'd suggest looking into the server settings to see if there is something preventing it from saving the settings.
For it to be a seattle/Astroid related issue, you have to be able to reproduce it consistently.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Template does not save values 10 months 1 week ago #17864

I understand the issue doesn't make much sense.

So I can duplicate a template from a Seattle template that I have used. I tried to import the seattle default json file to wipe out any changes I have made and have a default Seattle template. The import either works but no changes come out of it or it fails and I'm saving no changes. I must have read/write access to files since I can copy and delete templates.

I also tried installing the Astroid template zero and changes in it don't seem to save either.

Template does not save values 10 months 1 week ago #17865

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 582
Hello,

Like I said, this may be a server side issue. Can you download a copy of this website locally/other server and see if you are able to reproduce it there?

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds