fbpx

Trick or Treat - 30% OFF - Coupon Code: SCARY20 Grab the Deal!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Astroid 2.4 Update Issues

Astroid 2.4 Update Issues 1 month 4 weeks ago #24021

• ImageVillage
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Updates Astroid and it seems none of my custom css is now being used? It's obviously caused a MAJOR change to my client site that's causing massive problems and I dare not switch back to previous Astroid!
If you can be anything in this world, be kind!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Astroid 2.4 Update Issues 1 month 3 weeks ago #24046

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 139
Hi,

We are working on releasing JD Servx update very soon that would hopefully solve all the problems with latest Astroid version 2.4.1.
Stay tuned for that.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Astroid 2.4 Update Issues 1 month 3 weeks ago #24048

• ImageVillage
  • Premium Member
HI Nishtha I hope you are well.

As a more prudent and a far better way forward, wouldn't it be a much better process to have the templates ready BEFORE allowing everyone to update to Astroid latest version and then face endless issues and for some, like me, have endless problems now with customers. I now have multiple sites that are not in the state they were in prior to the update and some of these sites are used daily for selling event tickets, of which now the menus are transparent and no longer work as they did, also ALL the custom styling to make the site look seamless is no longer apparent and as such my client has already been on the phone to me at 7am this morning asking for an explanation as to why his website now looks totally different to what it did.

Waiting for an update simply is not acceptable at the moment for some, I urgently require help as I am sure many other do too, I would suggest not releasing a core system update until the templates themselves have been updated to coincide with the release which would be easier for everyone involved, this is a poor application from Joomdev and a very unusual one from experience.

I understand COVID-19 has had an impact on all industries but one that has thrived and survived is our own due to the fact we can all work from any terminal with internet access so I am amazed that Astroid 2.4.1 has been released without template updates??????

Is there any possibility for someone to just retify the cutom.css over-ride issue Astroid 2.4.1 has caused? This is a major pain in the backside and I now have to have meetings with clients because of this problem, they are not happy, and rightly so. I think you guys really need to rethink this roll out of updates way too early if templates aren't even ready to work with them.

Have a good day and many thanks for getting back to me.

Astroid 2.4 Update Issues 1 month 3 weeks ago #24092

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 139
Hello,

Hope you all are also in good health.

Yes I completely agree with everything you said we should have updated our templates before releasing the Astroid update, I wouldn't want to give any explanation on the huge mess that was created by the team, though we didn't release this much damage would be caused with this update. But I would like to apologize on be half of my team for causing such poor miss-communication and not handling the product release properly, will definitely make sure this doesn't happen ever again.

For now we have now released JD Servx template update you may go ahead and install that for your website, it will solve most of your issues caused recently.
Do let us know if you still face any problem.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Astroid 2.4 Update Issues 1 month 3 weeks ago #24180

• ImageVillage
  • Premium Member
Hi Nishtha, oh wow, this just went from bad to even worse, not going to lie, this is HUGE!
Template update has caused catastrophic issues, image have disappeared, animations scripts have stoppped working, event booking system has stoppped working and now doesn't even allow bookings on my clients site, this is just the start, I have JD Builder installed I am starting to move over from Quix Pro but the Quix pages are an utter mess!

Astroid was bad enough but the template update has just totalled my clients website, and I mean TOTALLY wrecked it! OMG

Astroid 2.4 Update Issues 1 month 3 weeks ago #24183

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 588
Hello,

Have to install JD ServX template? If not please download the latest file and install it. After install you need to clear the template cache.

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,

Astroid 2.4 Update Issues 1 month 3 weeks ago #24185

• ImageVillage
  • Premium Member
Hey Chandan, done all that, not new to this. Going through fixing what I can but it's caused utter destruction of the site, stuff is all over the place, cleared browser cache too. What a mess!

VikEvents isn't working properly either, neither is SmartSlider3.

This is not good at all. :(
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by ImageVillage.

Astroid 2.4 Update Issues 1 month 3 weeks ago #24206

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 609
Mark,

Please email the details (FTP and Joomla backend) for the site directly to chandan at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and he'll take a look and get a fix in place.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,

Astroid 2.4 Update Issues 1 month 3 weeks ago #24224

• ImageVillage
  • Premium Member
Hey Chetan,
I knwo you guys have tons of support requests so much of it I have fixed myself, still have some issues I have emailed Chandan about and sure he will sort it.

It seems the Astroid update has caused some Java conflicts and was not picking up the custom styling, cleared cache from everywhere possible but it's left some corrupted pages and some issues. Worst is that all my menus were not showing, like I say I think I have sorted 90% of it so you guys did not need to worry about it.

Hope all is well my friend, speak soon.

Astroid 2.4 Update Issues 1 month 3 weeks ago #24234

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 588
Hello,

Relied on email. Please have a look.

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,

• Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.473 seconds
Cron Job Starts