Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED)Hikashop intro text

Hikashop intro text 1 week 2 days ago #14494

• Crash
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

The product intro information stops midway through a word. Example here: banobathrooms-co-uk.stackstaging.com/sui...duct/16-black-cotton
I have contacted Hikashop but they say the product display is already heavily customised. Could you let me know the best way, without compromising the template, to have separate entries for the intro text and the main text.

Regards,
Colin.
The topic has been locked.

Hikashop intro text 1 week 2 days ago #14528

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 448
Hello,

Please wait. Let me check the best way to solve the query.

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crash

Hikashop intro text 5 days 13 hours ago #14603

• Crash
  • Elite Member
Hi,

This is what HikaShop say. Can you let me know what you think:

If you want it to cut at a certain place, you can add a read more tag to your product description.
Your product page layout is already heavily customized so I'm not sure what code you have to display the intro information.
By default, it's this code:

if(!empty($this->element->product_description)) {
$resume = substr(strip_tags(preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>.*#is','',$this->element->product_description)),0,300);
if (!empty($this->element->product_description) && strlen($this->element->product_description)>300)
$resume .= " ...<a href='#hikashop_show_tabular_description'>".JText::_('READ_MORE')."</a>";
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$resume);
}

and if you want to use another text than the description for that intro text, then you can create a custom product field via the menu Display>Custom fields and change the product_description text to the column name of your custom product field in the code above.
That code is normally in the product/show_tabular.php view file that you can edit via the menu Display>Views.
You can use the "Display view files" setting of the HikaShop configuration to know which view file is used where in HikaShop

Hikashop intro text 3 days 19 hours ago #14681

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 448
Hello,

They are right. Now, we are truncate the description into intro text. But you can create a custom field for intro text. That is the best way to show the intro text.

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Hikashop intro text 3 days 59 minutes ago #14727

• Crash
  • Elite Member
Thanks Chandan.
I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't conflict with any of the template customising.
I will give it a go.

Regards,
Colin

Hikashop intro text 2 days 19 hours ago #14738

• nishtha
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 33
Hi,

Perfect issue solved then!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
Time to create page: 0.566 seconds