fbpx

Control Content Visibility on Your Joomla Website with Display Conditions Know More

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: (SOLVED)25% padding in main position when not using Hika filter

25% padding in main position when not using Hika filter 1 year 3 weeks ago #18453

• Formidog
Good afternoon

Hikashop has a position for the filters when they are added by the component.
If one uses this option the template looks brilliant

However... if one opts to use the hikashop filter module (to place the filters in another position) ther is still a 25% margin on the right side of the main (component) area.

I have been puzzling where to "fix" this.
I guess it has to do with hikashop... but where is the setting?

need help for this

thankful,
Dick

The topic has been locked.

25% padding in main position when not using Hika filter 1 year 2 weeks ago #18472

• Formidog
Nicolas (of hikashop) gave me this reply

Hi Dick
It is not a problem of HikaShop

In the module, there are display options for the different areas. If the module is configured to not be displayed on a page, then it won't output any HTML.
Then, in the code of the template, there is some code to say whether the area should be displayed or not.

There are two methods for that:
- get the HTML of each module and if there is something to display, display the area (position).
- ask Joomla if the module is to be displayed in that area.

Your template went with the second solution, which means that even if the module doesn't output any HTML, it still displays the area.
stackoverflow.com/questions/38928629/how...module-has-an-output

If you disable the HikaShop filter module, and instead activate the "filter" display of the menu item, then the filters will display at the top of the listing and you won't get the filter module on the left area. You'll see that you won't have the problem with the empty area.

Good luck!

Please follow the thread here:
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Formidog.

25% padding in main position when not using Hika filter 1 year 2 weeks ago #18489

• Formidog
Hello all

If I use the protostar template all works well

The fact that the filters cannot be in any other position than the left columnis only coming from the JD_Shop template.
With the ProtoStar the filters may be anywhere.

Hikashop (Nicolas end Philippe) urged me to have contact with the template creator in order to fix the blank module output.
Please note their remarks

25% padding in main position when not using Hika filter 1 year 2 weeks ago #18503

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 611
Hello Nick,

Thank you for the detailed posts, Can I ask you to make a small modification to one of the PHP files:

JROOT/jd_shop/html/com_hikashop/product/filter.php
Line 98, change from:
<div id="hikashop_filter_main_div_<?php echo $this->params->get('main_div_name'); ?>" class="col-sm-3 col-md-3 hikashop_filter_module" <?php echo $extra_attributes; ?>>
to:
<div id="hikashop_filter_main_div_<?php echo $this->params->get('main_div_name'); ?>" class="<?php echo $content_classes.$display_title_class; ?>" <?php echo $extra_attributes; ?>>

Thank you fix this.
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Formidog

25% padding in main position when not using Hika filter 1 year 2 weeks ago #18505

• Formidog
Good evening

thank for your time!!!!

I feel my desriptions must have been not detailed enought... or too detailed.
either way: the results of your efforts did not bring the joy that I was hoping for when I got your mail.

Let me explain again (maybe better):
In the JD_shop template there is a 25% width in main with the purpose for the filters*
If the filters are NOT used (and there is no html output of the module) the 25% unused width is still there, on the right.

This results in the folowing (see attachments):
A. This is the "Default" view in the quickstart of the template. All looks well...
But
B. If the filters are not desired... there is a 25% width
C. If the filter is there PLUS an extra module is placed in "Left" this is the result
D. If the hikashop filter module is PUBLISHED but the filter option in the menu_item is set to "NO" this results in blank spaces left AND RIGHT

All these things work as they should in the Protostar template

Furthermore:
with this coding it is Impossible to place the filter in other module positions
which is not very Joomla- and Hika-friendly

But we will fix this!!!!
(won't we???)

plz send me a PM at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I give you access to admin and ftp

greetz
Dick (with a D)

* BTW: what is the reason for coding it like this? yhis method is used in Prestashop - I know - and this is what makes that system so very design-pain-in-the-arse.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Formidog.

25% padding in main position when not using Hika filter 1 year 2 weeks ago #18506

• admin
  • Administrator
Dick,

sent you an email requesting login info.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

25% padding in main position when not using Hika filter 1 year 2 weeks ago #18509

• Formidog
All you need was sent:

Admin, FTP, Menu_ID, Module_ID

All the best!

25% padding in main position when not using Hika filter 1 year 2 weeks ago #18522

• Formidog
Thank you for the changes in the template.

It works now in the correct Joomla/Hika way

25% padding in main position when not using Hika filter 1 year 2 weeks ago #18527

• admin
  • Administrator
Ha ha, Thank you Dick. You are one nice Human Being!
Thank You,

25% padding in main position when not using Hika filter 1 year 1 week ago #18567

• Philament
Hi,
super everyone is good, but what is the solution?
  • Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds