fbpx

Control Content Visibility on Your Joomla Website with Display Conditions Know More

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED) special homepage template not taken into account

(SOLVED) special homepage template not taken into account 1 year 2 days ago #18724

• Philament
Hello,
One thing that makes me feel that I can not understand the problem. The copy of the template affects the host changes the whole site, I explain.
I want to make a layout of the particular reception of the rest of the site (body black background), I proceed as follows:
1) I duplicate the template JD_shop - default with "preset1" assigned by default to all pages.
2) Rename the copy in: JD_shop - home
3) In the template "JD_shop - home" I modify the colors of "Preset 2" then assigns it to the "Home" menu link (assigned to a single page only)
Concern: the template "JD_shop - home" affects only the home page also applies to the entire site, how to isolate this template to its assignment (Home)

in advance thank you for your support
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Philament.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

special homepage template not taken into account 1 year 2 days ago #18729

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 611
Hello,

The template assigned to the homepage shouldn't effect other pages at all.
Template (or even module) assignment in Joomla works based on Menu Items ID's, that is you assign to a menu item.

It could very well be that when you click any links from homepage (modules or whatever), they are inheriting the homepage menu item and thus the same styling (template) is being applied to those pages as well.

Do you get the homepage styling too when you click other menu items that you have assigned the " JD_shop - Default" template to? If not, then it's just assigning the menu items to any content elements links from the homepage.

If you do get the same styling as the homepage on other menu items too, then there must be a problem with the way you assigned it, double check it all and I think you should be fine.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds