fbpx

Trick or Treat - 30% OFF - Coupon Code: SCARY20 Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED)How to remove the shortened Product description

How to remove the shortened Product description 3 months 1 week ago #23355

  • srtdesigns
  • srtdesigns's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 46
  • Karma: 0
All of my products have a description. They all show this information below the image under the TAB called Description. This is how I want it. However, a lot of the products have a shortened description under the title which I do not want - see attachment. I cannot find out why some have it and some do not. Please can you advise me how I can remove the shortened version. Many thanks.
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

How to remove the shortened Product description 3 months 1 week ago #23373

  • admin
  • admin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 4153
  • Thank you received: 609
  • Karma: 108
I think(not sure) that if you input a short description that is displayed but if you leave it blank the long displayed is displayed.

May be that helps.

When posting screenshots, please post bigger screenshots as that helps understand the page you are on and the module/element/component your question may be refereed to.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The topic has been locked.

How to remove the shortened Product description 3 months 1 week ago #23377

  • srtdesigns
  • srtdesigns's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 46
  • Karma: 0
admin wrote:
I think(not sure) that if you input a short description that is displayed but if you leave it blank the long displayed is displayed.

May be that helps.

When posting screenshots, please post bigger screenshots as that helps understand the page you are on and the module/element/component your question may be refereed to.

Thanks,
Chetan

Thank you for your reply. Here are two larger screenshots. These two products are setup the same but one has the short message which is what I am trying to remove. The problem is I do not where its coming from. Many thanks.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by srtdesigns.
The topic has been locked.

How to remove the shortened Product description 3 months 1 week ago #23401

  • srtdesigns
  • srtdesigns's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 46
  • Karma: 0
Further to my last reply. I have loaded 6 other templates that do not have this issue so I am pretty confident its this template that has this designed into it. I have attached a file showing the area from using design tools. All descriptions in the "mini area" are shortened to 300 characters including spaces. I am desperate to get this removed so I can put the final touches to my site and put it live. Many thank.
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

How to remove the shortened Product description 3 months 1 week ago #23403

  • srtdesigns
  • srtdesigns's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 46
  • Karma: 0
srtdesigns wrote:
Further to my last reply. I have loaded 6 other templates that do not have this issue so I am pretty confident its this template that has this designed into it. I have attached a file showing the area from using design tools. All descriptions in the "mini area" are shortened to 300 characters including spaces. I am desperate to get this removed so I can put the final touches to my site and put it live. Many thank.

I think I have now resolved this. The code in question was this:
.hikashop_product_page #hikashop_product_description_main_mini {
display: block;
margin-top: 20px;
}

I noticed in the default Hikashop css the code was this: #hikashop_product_description_main_mini { display:none; }

So I changed line 5350 in template.css to be this:
.hikashop_product_page #hikashop_product_description_main_mini {
display: none;
margin-top: 20px;
}

This worked so I then changed it back and placed this code in the Helix Template under Custom Code. See attached screenshot. This appears to work ok and would be grateful if you could advise if this is the correct way to make the change and it will not cause issues elsewhere. Many thanks.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by srtdesigns.
The topic has been locked.

How to remove the shortened Product description 3 months 1 week ago #23406

  • chandandeep
  • chandandeep's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 3837
  • Thank you received: 586
  • Karma: 99
Hello,

Two way to hide the mini description section.

First: Remove the code from show_tabular.php file but the problem is that when you update the template the mini description will display again.
Path: TEMPLATENAME/html/com_hikashop/product

Second: Yes, this is also a way to write the CSS but I always prefer to write custom CSS in .css file. Create custom.css file in css folder.
Path: TEMPLATENAME/css

Note: You will need to clear the cache to implement custom css.

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: srtdesigns

How to remove the shortened Product description 3 months 1 week ago #23409

  • srtdesigns
  • srtdesigns's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 46
  • Karma: 0
chandandeep wrote:
Hello,

Two way to hide the mini description section.

First: Remove the code from show_tabular.php file but the problem is that when you update the template the mini description will display again.
Path: TEMPLATENAME/html/com_hikashop/product

Second: Yes, this is also a way to write the CSS but I always prefer to write custom CSS in .css file. Create custom.css file in css folder.
Path: TEMPLATENAME/css

Note: You will need to clear the cache to implement custom css.

Thanks,
Chandan

I removed the custom code from the helix template area and created a custom.css file as advised. Works perfectly - many thanks.
The topic has been locked.

How to remove the shortened Product description 3 months 6 days ago #23432

  • nishtha
  • nishtha's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1409
  • Thank you received: 137
  • Karma: 18
Hi,

Great, problem solved, topic closed.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds