fbpx

Celebrate Joomla Day France With 25% Discount on Everything JOOMLADAYFRClaim Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Send copy and Checkbox default.

Send copy and Checkbox default. 1 week 1 day ago #12759

• Crash
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

I can't seem to get the Send Copy Of Email working. I've attached a screenshot of my settings. Could you let me know where I am going wrong.
Also, is there a way to set a checkbox default to checked?
Thanks.

Regards,
Colin.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Send copy and Checkbox default. 1 week 1 day ago #12761

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 282
Colin,

Let me try to configure it locally and see what's wrong here.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Send copy and Checkbox default. 1 week 1 day ago #12770

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Colin,

To understand the "Send me a Copy" functionality please go through the following link: www.joomdev.com/forum/jd-simple-contact-...g-variables?start=10
Also the default value of the checkbox is set to unchecked only it can't be changed.
Let us know if you face any issues with this!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Send copy and Checkbox default. 1 week 1 day ago #12785

• Crash
  • Premium Member
Hi Nishtha,

Thanks for your help with this.
I have the Send Copy function working now, but it sends a cc copy to the sender as opposed to a separate email. Is this correct?
I'm struggling to set up how replies to the emails work. At the moment the person who completes the form can reply to the web email, but the receiver of the form replies to himself?
Also, my Send Copy checkbox sits next to, not above my Send button. I have attached a screenshot.

It would be nice to have control over the default status of checkboxes. Not a show stopper though.

Regards,
Colin.
Attachments:

Send copy and Checkbox default. 6 days 9 hours ago #12827

• akash
  • Thank you received: 16
Hey Colin,

Let me help you step by step:

> I have the Send Copy function working now, but it sends a cc copy to the sender as opposed to a separate
email. Is this correct?

Yes, you got it right. This is a functionality focused on the users who fill the form. If the sender wants a copy of the information, they can just tick the send copy checkbox.

> I'm struggling to set up how replies to the emails work. At the moment the person who completes the
form can reply to the web email, but the receiver of the form replies to himself?

The receiver (admin) can change the reply-to email by updating the Reply-to Email field in Email Options in JD Simple Contact Form.
For Example – if you want to have the reply-to email changed to the sender’s email, just put this {email:value} in Reply-to Email Field.

> Also, my Send Copy checkbox sits next to, not above my Send button. I have attached a screenshot.

JD Simple Contact Form works according to the CSS Grid System. To have the Send Copy label above the Submit button, just give the send button Width = 12 by updating the Submit Button Width in your Module Tab.

Note: Just install the updated JD Simple Contact Form before making the changes. :)

Thanks,
Akash
Last Edit: 6 days 8 hours ago by akash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crash

Send copy and Checkbox default. 6 days 6 hours ago #12835

• Crash
  • Premium Member
Hi Akash,

Thank you for your help with this.

I still have a problem with the "reply-to email". I need Admin to reply to the sender and the sender to reply to Admin.
Also, could the formatting of the Send Copy area be enhanced to match the rest of the form? At the moment the text is indented and the checkbox boarder is a different colour.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Colin.

Send copy and Checkbox default. 6 days 5 hours ago #12839

• akash
I need Admin to reply to the sender and the sender to reply to Admin.

Colin, that's how exactly the Reply-to email field works. The email entered in the Reply-to Email field will be the email admin will use to reply to the incoming mail.
If you want it to be of the sender, just enter {email:value} where email is the field name of your field where the user will enter the email and the sender can reply to From Email you entered in the JD Simple Contact Form.

could the formatting of the Send Copy area be enhanced to match the rest of the form? At the moment the
text is indented and the checkbox border is a different colour.

Colin, we're using the default styling provided by Bootstrap. But wait, that's a good suggestion, let me look into it if I can make it look more good.
Will update soon.

Thanks,
Akash

Send copy and Checkbox default. 6 days 4 hours ago #12841

• Crash
  • Premium Member
Hi Akash,

I'm still struggling a little.
I have attached a screenshot of my settings. Admin is fine because he replies to sender, but the sender replies to himself?

Regards,
Colin
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: akash

Send copy and Checkbox default. 6 days 2 hours ago #12844

• akash
Hey Colin,

Now I understood your query. :cheer:
The thing with cc is, it's the Carbon Copy of the email the admin is receiving and the same copy of the email will be delivered to the sender too.
So right now, you can't do anything.
And Thankyou for sticking with me, let me find a fix around this and will be updating the extension soon.

Thanks,
Akash
Last Edit: 6 days 2 hours ago by akash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crash

Send copy and Checkbox default. 6 days 26 minutes ago #12852

• Crash
  • Premium Member
OK thanks Akash.

Regards,
Colin.
Moderators: akash
Time to create page: 0.563 seconds