fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED)question regarding meaning of some fields in simple contact form

question regarding meaning of some fields in simple contact form 7 months 1 week ago #26489

• latihan
Hi dear Support,
1) can you tell me what de meaning is of the fields shown in attached screenprint?

2) is there perhaps a video/demo in which the latest version is shown (as the layout of this version is different from earlier versions - for as far I can see now).

Thanx.

warmly,
Jan
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

question regarding meaning of some fields in simple contact form 7 months 1 week ago #26494

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi Jan,

Sorry but can please be a little more specific which fields exactly are you talking here in the screenshot?

Here's the documentation of the extension you can check that for help: docs.joomdev.com/article/jd-simple-contact-form/

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

question regarding meaning of some fields in simple contact form 7 months 1 week ago #26497

• latihan
ahh, ofcourse, sorry Nishtha. I meant the last 4 fields.
1) So, Breedte (which here is 4), does that determine how the width is of the field in the form? And if not, how do I determine and set the width of the fields in the form?

2) Placeholder: what does that do.
3) Minimal length, maximal length, does that point ut how many charcters one can type in?

ps. I'm gonna look now in the documentation which you pointed out. Thanx.

question regarding meaning of some fields in simple contact form 7 months 1 week ago #26509

• nishtha
Hey,

replies in order:-

#1 Yes "Breedte" indicates the width of the field in the form

#2 Placeholder is the text you can add within the fields, helpful when the labels are hidden something like this(www.screencast.com/t/qiXFJhw2Ij5)

#3 Yes they are the min and max length of the characters if your field type is text.

Yes do checkout the documentation for more info.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

question regarding meaning of some fields in simple contact form 7 months 1 week ago #26516

• latihan
Thank you.
So #1 the width of the Field: how do I get the Textbox wider? => see attached screenprints.
1 = as it is now
2 = what I want, the textbox larger (now I pulled it by the handle)
Attachments:

question regarding meaning of some fields in simple contact form 7 months 1 week ago #26521

• nishtha
In that case just set the width to maybe 12 that's the max value you can use here.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

question regarding meaning of some fields in simple contact form 7 months 1 week ago #26530

• latihan
I had already set the width of the textbox to 12 before. That doesn't make the width of the box bigger. :(
I'll will attach again screenprints here to show
1) what is I want it to be => screenprint #1
2) how it is now, filled with text which the email-user could put in. That's not a nice view! => screenprint #2

3) Than the field 'Email Beschrijving' (which I see is badly translated to Dutch) , which is (I see in your Documentation) the field 'Email Subject': this shows all of the text typed in by the user in the email text box. => is that right? If so, I would change the the name in Email text or Email message. Because Subject would be something like Topic.

4) 'Send a Copy of Email': when I enable this (so put on Yes), what the user sees is screenprint #3. The box pushes the Send button to the right. What I want is that it look like screenprint #4 (I made that in the Form Layout Tab to make just a field with the same name - just to show how i want it to look).

Hope you can help me out here.
Attachments:

question regarding meaning of some fields in simple contact form 7 months 2 days ago #26628

• nishtha
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in the reply, since you have now created a new topic I'll close this one then.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Moderators: akash, chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds
Cron Job Starts