fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] simple JD emailform - Copy to sender does not go out + change to layout?

simple JD emailform - Copy to sender does not go out + change to layout? 9 months 3 weeks ago #26621

• latihan
Hello dear Support,
I already asked questions before in my topic: question regarding meaning of some fields in simple contact form ". But I guess that it were to many questions for 1 topic, as no one came back to it for 4 days. So that's why I now made anoter topic.

It's about the JD simpl email form.
1) when I test it, I don't receive a copy of the form which I filled in as a user. Whereas in tabEmail Options this option is set upon Yes.
- see attached screenprints # 1, 2, 3, 4

2) attached also a screenprint from the email Form as it now just shows on the website. Is it possible to get the option "Send me a copy (stuur mij een kopie aub)" above the recaptha? Now the Send Button gets pushed to the right. I want that left alligned.
See screenprint # 5

3) And than I want the Textbox broader. In the tab Form I have set the Rows on 12, but doesn't work. See screenprints # 5 and #6.

ps. I have momentarily this Joomla website underneath the current website. So Joomla directory is under directory public_html.

ps-2: I have this module placed in an Article. Not given the Module a Postion.

Hope you can help me out. Thanks.

regards, Jan
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by latihan. Reason: forgot a line, perhaps gives more info
The topic has been locked.

simple JD emailform - Copy to sender does not go out + change to layout? 9 months 3 weeks ago #26625

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi,

Firstly sorry for the delayed reply and secondly the reference images you have attached are not loading because of the # symbol included in their names, please re-upload the images without the hash(#) this time.

Indeed you have asked a lot of questions here, please reupload the images so we can provide you the correct solution with their respect.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

simple JD emailform - Copy to sender does not go out + change to layout? 9 months 3 weeks ago #26636

• latihan
Thank you Nishtha, no problem :)

Hera are the screenprints again without the # in the filename. Hope it provides the necessary information.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

simple JD emailform - Copy to sender does not go out + change to layout? 9 months 3 weeks ago #26650

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi,

Replies in order:

#1 Make sure you have added a valid email address while filing the form, you can check the same in the mail details of the other mail you received (www.screencast.com/t/19UywzYaquWY) if the CC has the email address of the one you filed in the form then it should be working correctly.

#2 This is a good suggestion we tried implementing this in the dev version of JD Simple Contact Form, you can install that: github.com/joomdev/JD-Simple-Contact-Form/archive/dev.zip
(PS: it's a dev branch, make sure to keep a backup before installing incase something goes out of the way)

#3 To make the textbox broader then you will have to write your own CSS, the width option only increases the box length.

Also if possible next time please share the site link for better help. Let us know if all this helped.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

simple JD emailform - Copy to sender does not go out + change to layout? 9 months 3 weeks ago #26667

• latihan
# 1 I did enter a valid email adress. But I don't receive as a client/user a copy of it (it should go in this example to the hotmail adress - see screenprint Bee ).
Also in the email I receive as website owner, there's no CC. - see screenprint C;

screenprint A = tab Email Options of the module.
As you can see, this time I've put {Emailadres:value} in the field CC. Makes no different with leaving the field Blank.

When I look at the page with all the modules, I see the same name of the module as before, ic JD Simpel Contact Formulier; see screenprint D

# 2 I managed to install the dev.zip, only I cannot see that something is different. How can I check this?

# 3 a css script ... ok. But I'm a complete beginner. Where do I find what this piece of script should be AND where to put it? :(

the link tot the site is: www.latihan.nl/joomla/index.php/contact can you access that?
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by latihan. Reason: the letter B was ttransformed into an icon. So now I've made from B => Bee. Sorry.

simple JD emailform - Copy to sender does not go out + change to layout? 9 months 3 weeks ago #26691

• akash
  • Thank you received: 28
Hi Jan,

Thank you for using the JD Simple Contact Form.

The {variable:value} doesn't work for CC emails fields, you can use the send copy checkbox to CC the user. (In your case, you're using it). At the moment, you can only enter the emails you want to CC separated by comma(,)

I checked your website, and the Send a copy checkbox is coming before Recaptcha.

#3.
Here's the CSS to make the fields broader
.jd-simple-contact-form textarea, .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="text"], .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="password"], .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="datetime"], .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="datetime-local"], .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="date"], .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="month"], .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="time"], .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="week"], .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="number"], .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="email"], .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="url"], .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="search"], .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="tel"], .jd-simple-contact-form input[type="color"] {
    width: 100%;
}

You can add the required CSS through this steps.

Let me know, how it goes.

Thanks,
Akash
Thank You,

simple JD emailform - Copy to sender does not go out + change to layout? 9 months 3 weeks ago #26696

• latihan
Thank you Akash.
# 1 understood. I only tried it out because despite having set Send a copy enabled, it just doesn't send a copy back to the email adress of the person who filled in the email form. Now I've made this CC field blank again, but still no copy gets send. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

# 3 Thanks for the css; much appreciated. I followed the steps on the page to which you gave the link . I saved the file user.css, but the layout of the textbox, the width I mean, is still the same (small). See screenprint.

I have a test environment underneath the website, so in a joomla folder under public_html. url for that is: www.latihan.nl/joomla/index.php/contact Here I have added this css script in the protostarplus-eighteen template.
Attachments:

simple JD emailform - Copy to sender does not go out + change to layout? 9 months 3 weeks ago #26735

• akash
Hi,

Can you share your site's credentials on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., so I can have a look and fix the issue?

Share the link to this query in your email for reference.

Thanks,
Akash
Thank You,

simple JD emailform - Copy to sender does not go out + change to layout? 9 months 1 week ago #26995

• akash
Hey Latihan,

Thank you for providing the credentials.

The Send Copy feature was not working because you've typed a wrong field name in the "Enter Email Field Name" in "Email Options". It needs the field name of an Email to which you want to send the copy too.

And about the CSS issue.

Have you followed these steps to insert the CSS? I can't see the CSS anywhere. Try these steps and you'll see the changes in no time.

Let me know, how it goes.

Thanks,
Akash
Thank You,

simple JD emailform - Copy to sender does not go out + change to layout? 9 months 1 week ago #26996

• latihan
Hi Akash,
about the copy of the emailform: I want a copy send to the sender of the form. So, do I understand you right, I need to put the email adress of the sender in the 6th field (see attachment - counted from top to bottom)? So, that would mean that I have to repeat the value of the 1st field into the 6th also? = {Emailadres:value}

For the css code I'll still have to look, so coming back for that.
Attachments:
Moderators: akash, chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds
Cron Job Starts