fbpx

Astroid 2.4 Landed with Joomla 4 Compatibility Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Does not share article title, URL & short description

Does not share article title, URL & short description 1 year 10 months ago #9048

Want to share a single article on facebook/twitter/gplus/Pinterest/WhatsApp but it does not share article title, URL & short description on respective social site after sharing. IT only shares the domain name.

Note : I am using "pkg_jdsocialshare-v1.3" package.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by vaibhavTekdi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Does not share article title, URL & short description 1 year 10 months ago #9058

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 592
Hello,

Version 1.3 has all the fixes you are looking for. Can you share a link to your website and I can take a look in?

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Does not share article title, URL & short description 1 year 10 months ago #9091

How can I share the whole URL on the social share site as I tested with WhatsApp, it does not show the whole URL. Just want to ask you, how can I share the Title, small description & URL(which will show the short link but after clicking on this it will redirect to exact page) mainly on Twitter, facebook & WhatsApp?

Have checked the file named jdsocial.php from libraries folder & seen the code about title & description. Can you please share the code which will share the title, small description & url (which will redirect to actual article) for facebook, twitter & WhatsApp.

Does not share article title, URL & short description 1 year 10 months ago #9092

• admin
  • Administrator
Hello,

Here are some links that'd help.

github.com/joomdev/jd-social-share/blob/...es/jdsocial.php#L306
github.com/joomdev/jd-social-share/blob/...socialshare.php#L365

Try looking for $shortlink in the code.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Does not share article title, URL & short description 1 year 10 months ago #9103

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using the same code but still. it does redirect to correct link (like links with many parameters).

Does not share article title, URL & short description 1 year 10 months ago #9127

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi Vaibhav,

That's the code that does it. I am not sure how else I can debug. We have tested it and it works.

It'd be helpful to take a look at your site and see if in action to debug it any further.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,

Does not share article title, URL & short description 1 year 10 months ago #9129

Is there any need(mandatory) to add meta og tags? Will it work for all social sites or particular like these tags will work for only facebook site etc.

Does not share article title, URL & short description 1 year 10 months ago #9154

• admin
  • Administrator
The OG tags are used by facebook, google & twitter at the movement and it's useful to keep them.
More info here: ogp.me/
Thank You,

Does not share article title, URL & short description 11 months 3 weeks ago #17913

• Star_Moon
I am using your social links option when building a page. when using your built in option, I am asked to simply add a link.

can you please help me with the following:

in order to share article title, URL and short description, what link do I need to add for:
- facebook (link?)
- twitter (link?)
- for the information to be emailed (link?)
I have watched tutorials, been searching on google and have gone through the coding you have posted as well, using some of the links, without success. I am not trying to code anything here, solely trying to use your built in function 'social links'. thanks.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds