fbpx

Astroid Framework - Next generation Joomla template builder Download Astroid

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: password requirements

password requirements 2 months 1 week ago #10403

HI,
Just installed the Regiser/Login extension and like it so far, but I have a question about the password requirement and account activation.
I have user account activation set to 'Admin', but nonetheless, the user is immediately activated and able to log in as it was set to self?
Also in users-->manage-->options -->password options tab, I have set the minimum length set to 5, requiring a minimum of 1 integer, 1 symbol, 1 upper case.
Still the extension let me register with a password of 1 character, so it seems like it is ignoring the requirements.
What am I doing wrong?
Using extension v1.11 and Joomla 3.9.1

Thanks

PIm
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by ThePimster.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

password requirements 2 months 1 week ago #10413

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 285
Hello Pim,

It definitely ignores the password requirements (I know this) and let me know if we can include these to be taken into consideration.

As far as the account Activation is concerned. It does work just fine. What you have sent in your User manager options as far as Activation is concerned?

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by admin. Reason: typo in name.

password requirements 2 months 1 week ago #10416

Hi Chetan,
It would be nice if the extension took those into consideration, as I can't set those parameters in the extension itself, correct?
My user manager was set to 'self', accounts were immediately activated.
Now I switched it to 'admin' and they are still immediately activated
So no matter what I set it to do, and where I change it (extension or user manager options) it activates accounts immediately

I must be missing something

Thank for your help

Pim

password requirements 2 months 1 week ago #10417

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 285
Hi Pim,

Yes, your are right. You can't set the password validation options in the extension and it would be a good idea if the module took component level settings into consideration. (I'll get back to you on this by tomorrow).

As far as the registration is concerned. The behaviour is really strange. I'll run some tests and get back to you on this one as well, hopefully with a fix if needed.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: rahulahluwalia
Time to create page: 0.542 seconds