fbpx

Xmas is coming - Grab 30% Discount on all Joomla Template. Coupon Code: PRECHRISTMAS Unlock Offer

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Change font for the 2nd language (rtl) in a bilingual site

Change font for the 2nd language (rtl) in a bilingual site 1 week 4 days ago #9767

• mmz1230
Hi
I have a bilingual site (English (ltr) + Persian (rtl)). My English site is Ok but I want to define or change the font for the Persian site ( in all articles/modules ). How to do that?
Best
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Change font for the 2nd language (rtl) in a bilingual site 1 week 4 days ago #9768

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 188
Hello,

The body class and HTML class is changed when you are on the second language. You can use either of those as selections and add the custom font in the CSS.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmz1230

Change font for the 2nd language (rtl) in a bilingual site 1 week 3 days ago #9769

• mmz1230
Thank you Chetan
Could you please give an example on how and where to do what you said (I got what you mean but I dont know how to do it eg I dont know how and where I should define classes, how to use selections, ...). Also please cover the fonts of everything in the site (I want to control the font in all modules, bootstrap buttons, menus, ... not only the custom texts).
Regards

Change font for the 2nd language (rtl) in a bilingual site 1 week 3 days ago #9770

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 371
Hello,

If you are not friendly with coding. You can use the second method.
Go to the template settings (Persian) and change the font from the Typography tab.

Screenshot: www.screencast.com/t/byvcy383w

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Change font for the 2nd language (rtl) in a bilingual site 1 week 3 days ago #9772

• mmz1230
Dear Chetan
I do not have a separate (second) template for the second language (Persian). I have used the bilingual capability of Joomla for Persian and I use the same template for Persian pages as the English pages. So I guess I have to use the coding method.
Yours

Change font for the 2nd language (rtl) in a bilingual site 1 week 3 days ago #9773

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 188
Hello,

You don't need to have a second template. Even with the same template you can have different font based on the language. Can you provide you site URL and we can provide you with some basic CSS as far as how to accomplish the same.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,

Change font for the 2nd language (rtl) in a bilingual site 1 week 3 days ago #9774

• mmz1230
Yes, of course: golbargcore.com/myy
Thanks

Change font for the 2nd language (rtl) in a bilingual site 1 week 3 days ago #9788

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
Hello,

Add the following code in custom.css file.
Path: templates/TEMPLATENAME/css ( If there is no custom.css file then create it and save the code in it. )

body.en-gb,
body.en-gb p,
body.en-gb h1,
body.en-gb h2,
body.en-gb h3,
body.en-gb h4,
body.en-gb h5,
body.en-gb h6 {
   font-family: "Times New Roman" !important;
}
Thank You,
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmz1230

Change font for the 2nd language (rtl) in a bilingual site 1 week 3 days ago #9792

• mmz1230
Dear Chandan
Thank you. The code solved most of my problems (I had problems in Persian pages so instead of all en-gb I placed fa-ir). But there are still problems. For example how can I change the Megamenu font (in Persian pages)? Another problem is that the font of the English content in Persian pages (like the copyright or the email address ...) has also changed when I used that code. In Persian pages, I dont want the font of the English content to be changed and I just want the font of the Persian content to be changed. How can I do that?
Sincerely
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by mmz1230.

Change font for the 2nd language (rtl) in a bilingual site 1 week 2 days ago #9793

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
Hello,

Add the following code for mega menu.

body.fa-ir .sp-megamenu-parent >li >a,
body.fa-ir .sp-megamenu-parent >li >span {
font-family: "Times New Roman" !important;
}

Thanks,
Chanan
Thank You,
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds