after your advice from my last forum post #20651 I have upgraded the JD Boston Template to the astroid framework. The upgrade process was fluent and things are working great. I have started to read documentation and watch the great YouTube Tutorials, but right now I have some trouble again to get my Site Header in the desired position. (Please see screenshots).
Screenshot_1: JD Boston T3-Framework with header (smart slider) correctly positioned (behind logo and menu) with "fixheader".
Screenshot_2: JD Boston astroid-Framework with header (smart slider) in wrong position. Please how to fix header in astroid ?
Also I have some Issues with the main menu in astroid. Please see in Screenshot 2:
- Menu Dropout is not wide enough and Menu Items get cut off.
- Please Note: in the screenshot_2 the User is NOT logged in and the Dropout User Menu should ONLY show the "LOGIN" option. The 2nd and 3rd dropout should ONLY be available after the User has Logged in.
Try adding the class fixed-top to your header in the layout manager. Note that it will hide the top bar and you may add the class to that section as well if you want to keep it.
Please see bootstrap's documentation for more: getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/components/navbar/
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
thanks a lot for your help and support, but trying out your advice this time gives a new problem.
I tried adding the class fixed-top to my header in the layout manager, but this seems to break the template, as now Joomla only displays a blank page (please see Screenshot). I tried to remove the fixed-top Tag in the header again , but that did not fix the new problem. I also tried to reimport the jd_boston_astroid_settings, but still Joomla is displaying the blank page. Please help!
Please note that Joomla is still working fine when switching to the T3-Version of the JD Boston Template.
Again thanks for all your support and keep up the good work...
Thanks for all your help.
Updating the Typography.php brought my Joomla back online. You rock!
Now I have two Issues left:
- Template not loading [FIXED!]
- Menu Dropdown Width [FIXED!]
- Header Positioning: I have tried adding the class fixed-top to my header in the layout manager, but still it's not giving the desired output. (see screenshots)
- Menu: Some Menu Items can be accessed when User is NOT logged in. They only should be accessible after the User has logged in and also is the admin of the site. (see screenshots)
S0 - T3 Template with header in correct position (this is how I want the header and menu in astroid)
S1 - astroid default - Note: User is NOT logged in and Login Item should NOT have any Dropout links
S2 - astroid with fixed-top applied to header position, but still not what I need.
Again, thanks for all your great support, hopefully we can get this fixed!
JoomDev is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project. The Joomla! logo is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.