fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED) JD boston "template" Unable to find install package

[SOLVED] JD boston "template" Unable to find install package 1 year 2 months ago #22103

• earang
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I'm trying to install jd boston template on new Joomla 3.9.18 installation.

It uploads the template package and instead of successful install message it gives an error message:

Error
Unable to find install package

Please note: I try to install the template on fresh joomla installation and I'm not trying the quickstart.
Also, it seems that issue is from the template not from tmp folder premissions since I can install all other templates and extensions.

Any solution?
Thanks
I'm not a newbie, I'm a Joomla user since 2008, with advanced skills in managing it. I'm also a Linux system administrator. ^_^
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by earang. Reason: Edited by me as author because I found the solution
The topic has been locked.

JD boston "template" Error Unable to find install package 1 year 2 months ago #22111

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 642
Hi,

Just to be sure you are installing the correct file, please try installing this one: github.com/joomdev/jd_boston/releases/do...id_template_v3.0.zip

Should work just fine!
Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: earang

JD boston "template" Error Unable to find install package 1 year 2 months ago #22115

• earang
Hello,

Thanks for you response

I tried it but the issue still the same.

Maybe something wrong with package
I'm not a newbie, I'm a Joomla user since 2008, with advanced skills in managing it. I'm also a Linux system administrator. ^_^

JD boston "template" Error Unable to find install package 1 year 2 months ago #22133

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi,

Well I just tried the same on my Joomla 3.9.18 and the template was perfectly installed without any error.
Did the file properly downloaded, maybe something because of that. Please share a screenshot of the error you got just in case it still there.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

JD boston "template" Error Unable to find install package 1 year 2 months ago #22143

• earang
Hello everyone!

I have downloaded the file on stable connection several times.

Also I tried to install the package from URL.
I tried to upload the package and install it from server too.

the same issue.

Here is a screenshot prnt.sc/sewr33

Any solution?

JD boston "template" Error Unable to find install package 1 year 2 months ago #22171

• nishtha
Hi,

Is it on the same site that you are trying to install JD Boston template where you had other issues that we are discussing over the mail?
If yes, then there I can see that you already have JD Boston template installed!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

The following user(s) said Thank You: earang

JD boston "template" Error Unable to find install package 1 year 2 months ago #22186

• earang
Hello and good day!

No, not the same website.. it's completely different domain and different installation.

Very fresh joomla 3.9.18 installation

JD boston "template" Error Unable to find install package 1 year 2 months ago #22233

• nishtha
Hi,

Well I tried to find this issue again but couldn't on my fresh Joomla Installation 3.9.18 the template was very easily installed without any such error.
Could you provide us with some more details like the PHP version you have here, on which browser you tried this and more details about your setup.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

JD boston "template" Error Unable to find install package 1 year 2 months ago #22282

• earang
I have solved the issue using a simple way and I come back to write the solution for anyone who may face the same problem.

Please install the package using the "Install from Folder" feature:

1- First open FTP and navigate to your_root_site/tmp then create a directory with any name (in my case jdboston-template)
2- Upload the template package to the directory that you've created (for my case your_root_site/tmp/jdboston-template)
3- Extract the zipped file in the directory you created.
4- Go to Joomla backend extensions> install> Install from Folder and then drop the full path of the directory where you unpacked your template package.
5- ClICK ON "Check and Install"

It will easily install the package for you.

Please don't insert the URL of the zipped file, you must unzip the package (Extract it, unpack it).

Regards

JD boston "template" Error Unable to find install package 1 year 2 months ago #22297

• nishtha
Ok so you worked it out then nevertheless problem solved, topic closed.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.450 seconds
Cron Job Starts