fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED)Adding Pages to Website

Adding Pages to Website 11 months 3 weeks ago #23634

I'm new to Astroid and JD Builder and need to know the best method for adding content pages to my website. If the page is primarily text (no need for sliders or sophisticated formatting), should I create a standard Joomla article, a K2 item, or a JD builder page?

I created a test page as a standard Joomla article, and it looks okay, but I can't get the article title to appear (even when I set "Show Title" to "Show" in the article settings). Is this something that is disabled in the Astroid framework? By the way, where in the Astroid layout is article content displayed?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adding Pages to Website 11 months 3 weeks ago #23635

Well, with a little more fiddling I was able to answer a couple of my own questions. I see that I'm able to display a title through changing the menu settings (not just the article settings), and I discovered that the basic content of the article is displaying in the "content-top" position of the Astroid layout.

However, I'd still love to have some guidance as to the "normal" way to add simple pages to the menu structure of a site when I'm using a JoomDev template (utilizing Astroid Framework, K2, JD Builder, etc.). Should I create standard Joomla articles? K2 items? JD Builder pages? Any advice is much appreciated!

Adding Pages to Website 11 months 3 weeks ago #23646

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi,

First of all thank you for using Astroid & JD Builder. The basic difference between the two is Astroid is a templating framework & JD Builder is a page builder for creating attractive website content.

Now to create a content with simple elements you can do that in 3 ways:
1. Create a page using jd builder with the help of Content element you can simply add as much content you want and then publish this page using the Menu. (docs.joomdev.com/article/content-element/, docs.joomdev.com/article/creating-a-page-with-jd-builder/)

2. Create a JD Builder page and use Joomla Article element you display any of your joomla article and here you can style the article title as you want. (docs.joomdev.com/article/joomla-article-element/)

3. Create a normal Joomla article using JD Builder editor and publish that article using Menu like an other article. (docs.joomdev.com/article/joomla-article-integration-pro/)

All these articles are then displayed using the Component Area of the Astroid layout., especially the JD Builder pages. to know more about Astroid you can go through the documentation(docs.joomdev.com/category/astroid-user-manual/).

Let us know if this helped.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Adding Pages to Website 11 months 2 weeks ago #23648

Thank, you, Nishta. That's helpful.

Adding Pages to Website 11 months 2 weeks ago #23654

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi,

Great, so should I consider the topic closed now.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds
Cron Job Starts