JoomDev: Multilanguage Web (1/2)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Multilanguage Web

Multilanguage Web 3 months 1 week ago #6717

• mookie
I am adding more languages to my web. Everything works great, but the main menu. It is defined in the template style configuration, but you can only assign one.

How can I configure it so the Main menu changes depending on the selected language?
The topic has been locked.

Multilanguage Web 3 months 1 week ago #6729

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 140
Hello,

You will have to make multiple copies of the template styles (using template manager) and assign each template to it's designated menu items & inside the template style you can select the menu you want to show on that page too.

Here is a quick screenshot on how you can copy styles.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Multilanguage Web 3 months 1 week ago #6737

• mookie
Hi,
That is what I did. See the screenshot attached.

But when I click on the front page the flag of other language, it keeps showing the Menu selected on the Master template style.

If I deactivate the menu option on the template config, and I configure the menu modules to show on the main menu template position through Joomla, it swtiches menu perfectly. But the menus are vertical and very ugly.
Attachments:

Multilanguage Web 3 months 1 week ago #6740

• priyasingh
  • Thank you received: 21
Hello,

You have to assign different menus depending on the selected languages by editing the duplicate template.

docs.joomla.org/Special:MyLanguage/J3.x:...licate_your_Template

www.screencast.com/t/f4YbhZLYhEY4

Thanks,
Priya

Multilanguage Web 3 months 2 days ago #6845

• mookie
I have followed those exact steps several times, with no result.
- I have created different languages menus, setting the home page and language on each one
- I have created a module to each language menu, and assigned them to the lang menus that should show them
- I have duplicated the templates and associated them to one language, and assigned them to the respective lang menus

But it still only shows the main menu under the "Master" version of the template configuration. If I go to other languages, it appears blank. I believe it is because in the configuration of the other duplicated templates, they appear as "Override" and I can not select the language menu under configuration. See the attachments.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks
Attachments:

Multilanguage Web 3 months 2 days ago #6846

• mookie
Right now I have the following configuration in the Master version of the template:
- Main Menu: I select the English menu
- Assignment: I have linked it to 0 menu items

I have deleted the English duplicate of the template style (where I sued to have English as Default and assigned to English menu items)

RESULT: the English menu appears on the English version, but when I choose another language, the menu disappears.

Multilanguage Web 3 months 2 days ago #6847

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 140
Hi Mookie,

The menu disappears because you have not selected a menu in the second (copied template). You must select a menu there too.

If it doesn't work out. email me the login at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your Joomla backend admin and I'll go in and take a look.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Multilanguage Web 3 months 2 days ago #6856

• mookie
admin wrote:
The menu disappears because you have not selected a menu in the second (copied template). You must select a menu there too.
Yes. The problem is that I can not select a menu in the duplicated templates. The fields show up grey and I can't modify the field.

I sent you the user details by mail so you can have a look. Thanks for your help.

Multilanguage Web 3 months 2 days ago #6857

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 324
Hi,

Problem solved. Please confirm,

Thank you,
Chandan
Thank You,

Multilanguage Web 3 months 2 days ago #6858

• mookie
YES!!!! It works like a charm

How shall I proceed if I need to add another language in the future?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds