fbpx

Control Content Visibility on Your Joomla Website with Display Conditions Know More

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to takeover settings -> header main menu to Blog-1

How to takeover settings -> header main menu to Blog-1 9 months 1 week ago #20318

• thowal1
Hi @ all! Chetan asked me to post a new topic, not to confuse anyone.

I have installed a plugin displaying actual date and time. I published the module to position footer-1. It was working well. But since I published the module to header section "blog / block one" as well, the module, wich is the same in both places, in original footer-1 only displayes date. Date and time are but fully shown in heser-section, block one. (maybe a bug)

Footer-Section including footer-1:

Header-Section including Block /Blog-1:

Now ... I could use custom colors to change text-color from black to blue on footer-1. That works ... but not with block /blog-1 as well ... or at the same time. So ... Can you tell me a custom css code to get block-1 in the header section take over all the settings of main menu? (color, font size, behavior)

You will have noticed, that block one is black instead of blue and has some X px more on font-size.

Greetings,

Thorsten
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by thowal1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to takeover settings -> header main menu to Blog-1 9 months 1 week ago #20319

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 611
Hi Thorsten,

Not sure if your question it clear enough. Let me read it around 6 more times and may be then I can reply :).

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

How to takeover settings -> header main menu to Blog-1 9 months 1 week ago #20322

• thowal1
It seems to be quite simple.

In the template configuration options I had defined text-colors on active, hover and so on.

Since I also use a blog / block type ... blog / block-1 is always declared in font-color = black ... AND ... being 1 or 2 px bigger than the main menu in the header section. Look at that ...

Blog / Block-1 is black instead of blue ... and no hover-effect ... being in the same section / row (referring to template layout options).

Custom colors dont work, since blog / block-1 has no seperate configuration oprions. Seems it's takeing over the standard options of the content-section.

I need to get "date and time" (footer-1 section used as blog / block-1 option in the layout-manager, header-section of the template config) in the same layout as header-section / main-menu ... been taken over by custom css-code.

I hope exeryone did get my idea.

Greetings

T.

How to takeover settings -> header main menu to Blog-1 9 months 5 days ago #20370

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 595
Hello,

Replies in order

1. The problem will be with the plugin that is not showing the time. So post on respected forum.
2. You have to share the link. So I can investigate the problem. Why colors are not working.

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

How to takeover settings -> header main menu to Blog-1 9 months 5 days ago #20375

• thowal1
Hi, Chandan!

I might be able to copy an installation to our "homepage-computer" running locally and get the redirection managed at our privider.

If that won't work ... can I send an Email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with our fixed public IP?

Don't want to publish it, if it isn't necessary.

Cheers

Thorsten

How to takeover settings -> header main menu to Blog-1 9 months 4 days ago #20391

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
It would be best if you provide the live URL.
Thank You,

How to takeover settings -> header main menu to Blog-1 9 months 4 days ago #20399

• thowal1
So ... please have a look @ www.kessler-systeme.com/
Thank you!
- Thorsten

How to takeover settings -> header main menu to Blog-1 9 months 3 days ago #20430

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
Thanks for sharing the site URL.
Very helpful.

Could you please highlight the section where you want to change the color.

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,

How to takeover settings -> header main menu to Blog-1 9 months 3 days ago #20433

• thowal1
NO, I have to thank, I think ... and ...

YES, of course ...

You see the difference between "Main Menu" and "blog-1"? First is #blue, second is# black, 1st hast perhaps 10 px fontsize, 2nd has 12 or 14 px ... although being in the same section / row ... referring to the template layout setting options.

How can I get #blog-1 taking the same characteristics as #main #menu (header section) by custom-css-code in template layout setting options?

Thanks

Thorsten

EDIT: "Date an Time" in the displayed header / main menu section is just a copy of "Date an Time" being assigned to footer-1 position. Look here ...

Last Edit: 9 months 3 days ago by thowal1.

How to takeover settings -> header main menu to Blog-1 9 months 1 day ago #20438

• thowal1
Hey Chandan!

Got an update for you.

I managed to get "date and time" in the blog-1 of the main manu AND in footer-1 fully working again.

I solved the problem by duplicating the module and assigning both to different module-positions.

Doing so, I discovered, that I had an unseen problem with the marquee-text / module, too.

The texts appeared two times and then the module stopped working.

I so then did the same things as to "date and time".

Since I had two different positions asigned to them, too, the marquee module also worked again in both places.

So this seems to be a general problem of joomla or the template, whenever you mirror an active module assigning them both to the same position.

Greetings

Thorsten

p.s. I'm still looking for the custom css code to get date and time in blog-1 taking the same text-layout as main manu, since that was a different story.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 day ago by thowal1.
  • Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds