fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Redirect User after Registration to Specific Page

Redirect User after Registration to Specific Page 2 years 5 months ago #12990

• Hollikool
Hello, I want to be able to redirect users to a different page of my website when they register. please how can I redirect users to any specific page on my website after registration using the Register Login Module? It seems it is only the login part of the module that users can be redirected when they log in or logout. Please I need help. Thanks
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Hollikool.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Redirect User after Registration to Specific Page 2 years 5 months ago #13002

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 646
Hello,

I don't think this is possible since the registration is done by Joomla controller and the Joomla controller controls the redirect as well.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Redirect User after Registration to Specific Page 2 years 5 months ago #13280

• Hollikool
What about the notification that displays after registration, can it be modified?

Redirect User after Registration to Specific Page 2 years 5 months ago #13306

• admin
  • Administrator
Hello,

It's one of these 4 messages that are displayed depending on what kind of work activation you are using.
COM_USERS_EMAIL_REGISTERED_WITH_ACTIVATION_BODY="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can use it.\nTo activate the account select the following link or copy-paste it in your browser:\n%s \n\nAfter activation you may login to %s using the following username and password:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s"
COM_USERS_EMAIL_REGISTERED_WITH_ACTIVATION_BODY_NOPW="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can use it.\nTo activate the account select the following link or copy-paste it in your browser:\n%s \n\nAfter activation you may login to %s using the following username and the password you entered during registration:\n\nUsername: %s"
COM_USERS_EMAIL_REGISTERED_WITH_ADMIN_ACTIVATION_BODY="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be verified before you can use it.\nTo verify the account select the following link or copy-paste it in your browser:\n %s \n\nAfter verification an administrator will be notified to activate your account. You'll receive a confirmation when it's done.\nOnce that account has been activated you may login to %s using the following username and password:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s"
COM_USERS_EMAIL_REGISTERED_WITH_ADMIN_ACTIVATION_BODY_NOPW="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be verified before you can use it.\nTo verify the account select the following link or copy-paste it in your browser:\n %s \n\nAfter verification an administrator will be notified to activate your account. You'll receive a confirmation when it's done.\nOnce that account has been activated you may login to %s using the following username and the password you entered during registration:\n\nUsername: %s"

You can change these using Language overrides in Joomla.
More on how the overrides work: www.joomdev.com/blog/entry/language-overrides-in-joomla-4

Thanks,
chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Redirect User after Registration to Specific Page 2 years 5 months ago #13320

• Hollikool
Okay thanks. The article seems to address Joomla 4. I am using Joomla 3.6.5, would this apply to that too?

Redirect User after Registration to Specific Page 2 years 5 months ago #13489

• admin
  • Administrator
My apologies for the delay in reply. That is correct.
Thank You,

Redirect User after Registration to Specific Page 2 years 5 months ago #13677

• Hollikool
Hello, I used Hydrogen template on Gantry 5 framework on my website, When the registration is successful, I don't see the notification displayed on the page, but when I leave that page to another page that is when it displays. When I tried registering an exiting user, I see the notification "The username you entered is not available. Please pick another username." on the same page. I don't know why this is so. What may be wrong? See screenshots attached. Please help.
Existing User Notification Displayed On the same page

Notification Displayed On Contact Page
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Hollikool. Reason: To explain further

Redirect User after Registration to Specific Page 2 years 5 months ago #13722

• admin
  • Administrator
Hello,

I don't think these error's are module related.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds
Cron Job Starts