fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Need a new feature in Astroid?

Submit feature requests on github and help improve Astroid.

Submit Now

TOPIC: Joomla Articles

Joomla Articles 2 weeks 3 days ago #19478

• kalasoft
  • photographer, artist, programmer & athlete
When playing around with your v1.4.0 and the Joomla Articles, I could not figure out how to display the content of an entire article. Your Intro Text settings start at 10 and end at 1000 word count. Any attempts to go above 1000 is not supported. Am I missing something or is the 1000 word count limit there for a reason? BTW: Great job in getting your Page Builder to allow for native Joomla articles via Categories. Puts JD Page Builder Pro way ahead of the rest!

In regards,
Ed H.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Joomla Articles 2 weeks 3 days ago #19479

• kalasoft
I was able to create a work-around by editing this .xml file;
/plugins/system/jdbuilder/elements/joomla-articles/joomla-articles.xml
and changing the 1000 max limit to 100000 max. I then changed the 'Read More' button background and text to my page background color. The button/link is still there but not visible.
For a future upgrade it would be nice to use '0' to show all text and when '0' is used, disable the 'Read More' button/link... #justsaying

In regards,
Ed H.

Joomla Articles 2 weeks 3 days ago #19485

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 58
Hi,

Thanks for trying out JD Builder, yes we have added the limit there is because it's just an intro text to view the complete article user can click on Read More button, the limit is also there is because it just gives article's listing view & not a Single article view.

Since it's just the initial release of the element we will keep on improving it in future. Thank you for suggestions, do let us know more!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Joomla Articles 2 weeks 2 days ago #19503

• kalasoft
Nishtha,

Thank you for your prompt reply and explanation. I assumed the min/max limits were used so users could build a news portfolio grid and have all the grids show in the same size. It just would have been nice to have no article restrictions on the number of words that gets displayed. That all being said, just having the ability to use the native Joomla article structure in a Page Builder is outstanding. Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Ed H.

Joomla Articles 2 weeks 5 hours ago #19519

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 58
Hi,

Yes we did that initially for the grid-view but now some more users have also suggested this same view so we have this feature in discussion now and let's see in the coming updates if we can make any progress on it.
And Wish you too a very Happy New Year 2020!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds