fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Like Using JD Builder?

Submit feature requests on github and help improve JD builder.

Submit Now

TOPIC: Page Builder Feedback

Page Builder Feedback 1 week 6 days ago #19585

• kevinmo
  • Thank you received: 3
So, I have been playing around with your page builder for a few weeks and I have to say there is a lot about it I am really liking. However there is one thing about it I hate so much that makes it a total deal breaker for me! This idea that when I add an element and go to edit it I am forced to do everything in this sliver of a popup on the side is absurd at best! I dont build websites on a mobile phone and I hate this idea that I have to try and setup a page in this small space instead of in the page space of the section. Sorry but I refuse to work like this and unless you plan on making something that is more user friendly I will no longer be using it!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Page Builder Feedback 1 week 5 days ago #19588

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 472
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your feedback. We had the ability to slide & increase the size of the popup back in the day but had to remove it due to certain limitations. We do plan to bring back more flexibility options in the near future.

Thank you for your support with Astroid and JD builder so far. You feedback has been tremendous help.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Page Builder Feedback 1 week 5 days ago #19591

• kevinmo
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks Chetan, that is fantastic news. Will be looking forward to having more real estate I can use creating pages. Also something else that would be fantastic to have is the ability to use JCE Editor instead of your built in editor. I know from working with other such tools its not something that is easy to integrate and make work, so not sure how much work would be required to give us this sort of functionality, but for sure would be super useful. Your editor is nice but it is so limited and given I have been using JCE since it was first released and it has a ton of awesome functionality that I use on a daily basis to not have access to its features and functionality again gives me pause about using JD Builder.

I have some pages like terms and policy pages that simply dont need a builder and I just use the Joomla article manager for them. However other pages where I want to use page builder I found it odd that even after setting up the page builder content, if I go back to the Joomla article there is absolutely no indication that I have created page builder content on the article, other than what I see on the title in the article manager but nothing if I am in the actual article editor. Even if I view it in code view where I would expect to see something there is nothing. Where this becomes very problematic is when I open a Joomla article that is built using page builder if I then try and add anything to the page without using page builder because I need a feature of JCE for example I cant because of the way you have it working I have a choice, use the Joomla article with page builder PERIOD, or dont PERIOD! So really I have to ask, if thats how you have it setup why did you bother at all making the integration with the Joomla article system at all? Then there is this weird issue that if I create a Joomla article using page builder I would think I can just go into JD Builder to make edits, however there is nothing there if I try that. Basically if I use page builder in a Joomla article its a ghost of the article. I love magic but not on my website articles/pages...;)

Honestly there is zero reason to even use the Joomla article system if you intend on using JD Pagebuilder and there is zero reason to even make an integrator the way you currently have it setup and working.

Page Builder Feedback 1 week 5 days ago #19592

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 472
Kevin,

The editor can be improved and honestly, We'd much rather go back to the functionality of letting user use the Joomla's default editor (or JCE) but it's simpler said than done. You see using the Joomla editor brings it's own Javascript, which brings it's all limitations. We don't want to be in the WYSIWYG editor business and would rather focus on other things.

On a separate note, let revisit the Article integration before I get back to you on that one.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds