fbpx

Trick or Treat - 30% OFF - Coupon Code: SCARY20 Grab the Deal!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Captcha option

Captcha option 5 months 1 week ago #22277

• kalasoft
  • photographer, artist, programmer & athlete
Creating my first JD Builder form page and noticed you are only supporting the Google ReCaptcha option. Does and/or will JD Builder support other Joomla installed Captcha plugins? I do not use nor do I plan on using the Google reCaptcha system and without the option of being able to select the Captcha of my choice (like I'm able to do in the Global Configuration settings), this feature is meaningless to me. Thank you for building an impressive Joomla page builder system however, each time I attempt to dig into using JD Builder full time, I run into missing native Joomla features. Sorry!

The same issue with JD Builder features/options is only supporting Google Maps. Like above, I don't use nor plan on using Google Maps for my maps application. Instead, I prefer to use OpenStreetMap because it has a much friendlier API as well as being open source. Yes, I can use an OpenStreetMap module and link to it within JD Builder... but (and please forgive me for standing on my anti-Google soapbox) I am moving away from anything associated with Google or Facebook due to their repressive APIs and Terms & Conditions.

Thank you for allowing me to rant and hoping all is well and safe within JoomDev's world?

Ed H.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Captcha option 5 months 1 week ago #22286

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 609
Hi Ed,

Your Criticism is most likely and help us take our products to the next level. We are doing well, have had a full lockdown for past 7 weeks and is expected to last a few more I suppose.

We already have a few requests for openstreetmap and are working towards it.
Nothing for the Captcha perse, but it isn't a big deal to get a basic numbers Captcha in there.

Start using it partially and I am sure you'll find more items that needs changed/modified/finished and we'll get it them :).

Stay safe Ed!!!

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Captcha option 5 months 1 week ago #22290

• kalasoft
  • photographer, artist, programmer & athlete
"Nothing for the Captcha perse, but it isn't a big deal to get a basic numbers Captcha in there." Instead of creating a new captcha system within JD Builder, why not point this process to the native Joomla captcha configuration selection? This way, whatever captcha selection I have in my Global Configuration will be picked up by JD Builder. This is unless JD Builder is being built to support WordPress as well and you don't want to manage/support Joomla core features/functions for this reason? As I mentioned in my original post, my plan is to use as little Google or Facebook APIs as possible and as such needing supporting Joomla extensions that will allow me to achieve this quest.

Ed H.

Captcha option 5 months 1 week ago #22292

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 609
Hey Ed,

Nothing to do with WordPress. It's just that the bringing in Joomla's core bring's in a lot of other complications that slows things out and what not.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds