fbpx

Trick or Treat - 30% OFF - Coupon Code: SCARY20 Grab the Deal!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED)Trying to Test JD Builder but can't see output

Trying to Test JD Builder but can't see output 4 months 3 weeks ago #22661

I am trying to test JD Builder to replace SP Page Builder.
The problem I am having us that I can't see JD Builder pages either in Preview mode or as a web page.
See screen shots. Is there a problem because I am testing on same site as SP Page Builder ??? I would think not, but I can't see what the problem is??
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

Trying to Test JD Builder but can't see output 4 months 3 weeks ago #22665

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 137
Hi,

Firstly, thanks for trying out JD Builder, hope you like it!
Secondly, make sure the module you are trying to published here has the module assigned to that page.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Trying to Test JD Builder but can't see output 4 months 3 weeks ago #22668

Hi ,
you said ' make sure the module you are trying to published here has the module assigned to that page' I have add module id 126 to that page See screen shot in my first message. How else do I "assign" it? id there something other than adding to the page???
KInd regards
David

Trying to Test JD Builder but can't see output 4 months 3 weeks ago #22672

• nishtha
Hi,

You created a module in Joomla module manager, there you have the Module Assignment tab, like so: www.screencast.com/t/BnLaIg9ND6
So all I am saying is please confirm is the module you are trying to publish via JD Builder page is assigned to be displayed on your JD Builder menu on frontend.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Trying to Test JD Builder but can't see output 4 months 3 weeks ago #22684

That seems crazy to me, you build the pages using different elements (see screen shots). then if one of the elements happens to be a joomla module you have to also publish that module to a menu that will have the JD Builder page in the menu element to make it work???
Surely JD Page builder should take care of rendering the module. what happens if the Module has position in it see 2nd screen shot, what happens to the position of the module on the page, does it take the position from the module assignment of JD Builder

KInd regards
David
Attachments:

Trying to Test JD Builder but can't see output 4 months 3 weeks ago #22698

• nishtha
Hi,

Well I think you didn't get the main concept of Joomla Module element and its all confusing you now, so let me explain certain things here. You can also read the documentation if things aren't clear: docs.joomdev.com/article/joomla-module/

The main concept of Joomla Module element is, it helps you render the modules you create in Joomla, on your JD Builder pages. As you can see we simply show the list of modules in your Joomla (published or unpublished) within the element either via module name or its position. And provide other styling options for them in the element itself.

Now rendering a module from Joomla on your page builder means the former should be accessible to all the pages or at least to the builder pages on your site. If in your Joomla module manager (NOT the element) you have assigned a position to the module then you will see the module twice on the JD builder page (one on your template's module position and other where you have placed the Joomla Module element in the pagebuilder layout)

The page builder's Joomla Module element has NO relation with the module's position in Joomla, so i doesn't whether you add the position or not just make sure the menu assignment is on your JD Builder pages.

Well hoping things will be clear this time, let us know if you still have any doubts.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Trying to Test JD Builder but can't see output 4 months 3 weeks ago #22702

Hi Nishtha,
Thank you for the explanation. It appears to me that JD Builder works in different way to SP Page Builder and other page builders we have looked at.
In SP Page Builder as long as a module is published state it will show on the SP builder page with the module being assigned to any Joomla menu items so you can preview how the page will look like with the module even before you attach the SP Builder page to a menu item. Also in SP Page builder you can create a page as an module.
Anyway I will carry on working with it.
Thanks for your time.
Kind regards
David

Trying to Test JD Builder but can't see output 4 months 3 weeks ago #22707

• nishtha
Hi David,

Yes JD Builder is very different from SP Page Builder. Here also you can create a module with JD Builder elements and stuff (docs.joomdev.com/article/jd-builder-module/).

Nevertheless you can checkout more of JD Builder's amazing features on our site some of them are even better than SP Page Builder or are not even there, whichever suits you the best.

Let us know if you have anymore questions for us, topic closed.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds