fbpx

Control Content Visibility on Your Joomla Website with Display Conditions Know More

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Working Local Host

Working Local Host 2 weeks 8 hours ago #25831

• nobicycle
Hi,
Regarding keys, I know the rules that allow working localhost (for example using 127.0.0.1 or tld local) but please explain how to achieve the following:

1. In case a local project running on site_ended.local is ended, how can I start on site_new.local?
Do I enter the key that is shown for site_ended.local in my Joomdev dashboard?

2. Can I work on several local sites, eg. site1.local and site2.local?

3. How do I move a site to the internet, say site.local to site.io ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Working Local Host 2 weeks 1 hour ago #25835

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 146
Hi,

Replies in order:

#1 If you have created a key once for local server then it will work on as many local sites as you want even if one expires.

#2 Yes you can work on several local sites.

#3 If you are asking with respect to the key then in that case you will have to create a new key for the online site. With respect to the JD Pages you can import and export them to the new site easily.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Working Local Host 1 week 6 days ago #25839

• nobicycle
Thank you Nishtha.

About point 3 - does that mean I should use the Revoke button in the dashboard for the local site and then the dashboard will allow me to create a key for the io site?

Or do you mean that I can develop locally, export the finished site to site.io and site.io will work fine? Provided of course I do not try invoking Builder on site.io for which I have no key.
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by nobicycle.

Working Local Host 1 week 6 days ago #25844

• nishtha
Hi,

Revoking means renewing the key for the same domain. It doesn't apply that once you revoke your key its domain changes. So if you want to use JD Builder Pro on an online server you need to create a new key for that domain which in your case is site.io.

You can import the pages from local to online but without the key some of the features won't work there. You will have to create a new key for the online site.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by nishtha.

Working Local Host 1 week 6 days ago #25853

• nobicycle
Thanks again.

"So if you want to use JD Builder Pro on an online server you need to create a new key for that domain which in your case is site.io."

Is this conclusion correct: Developing on localhost and deploying on the internet requires the purchase of two keys.
When you say "create a new key" in the sentence above it actually means "purchase and create a new key"

"some of the features won't work there." About this, Joomdev Admin posted this about features that will not work. www.joomdev.com/forum/jd-builder/4709-so...of-builder-pro#22094
Is that what you mean?

Working Local Host 1 week 6 days ago #25854

• nishtha
Hi,

According to your first conclusion I meant, if you have bought a plan where you can create more than 1 key then you don't have to purchase another plan, just generate a new license key in the same plan.

Secondly, Yes the features mentioned by Chetan in the other post won't work if the key is not valid.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds