fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is it possible to edit JD Builder content from the front-end of the site?

Is it possible to edit JD Builder content from the front-end of the site? 7 months 2 weeks ago #26428

• raykom2010
Greetings to the creators. Tell me is it possible to edit JD Builder content from the front-end of the site? Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is it possible to edit JD Builder content from the front-end of the site? 7 months 2 weeks ago #26431

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hey,

Right now that's not possible, but this is something we are definitely trying to achieve and are somewhat working towards getting this.
Hopefully we'll come up with this feature soon.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Is it possible to edit JD Builder content from the front-end of the site? 1 month 6 days ago #30182

Hi,

Any news on Frontend editing? Especially when using JD Builder with Joomla core integration?

For us this would make the difference between being interested in JD Builder and not being interested.

Kind regards,

Frits
Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Webcompagnons.

Is it possible to edit JD Builder content from the front-end of the site? 1 week 6 days ago #30367

• iorbita
  • Thank you received: 1
... I'm also interested in this feature, any news on this? Thanks.

Lorenzo
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by iorbita.

Is it possible to edit JD Builder content from the front-end of the site? 1 week 5 days ago #30374

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 642
Still coming...
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Is it possible to edit JD Builder content from the front-end of the site? 1 week 4 days ago #30386

• iorbita
Hi,
I guess there is no release date? Since I have to make a choice and I would like to stay in Joomdev family… :)
Is it for this year?…it's been a while that it was announced… :huh:

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Is it possible to edit JD Builder content from the front-end of the site? 1 week 2 days ago #30398

• staton84596
Helllo,
1• Front end Edition:
Your answer: This is something a few more users have asked and we are working on implementing it. It's sure is a priority and will be added in the near future.

This is great news, when implemented you myloweslife will have only JD PageBuilder, JSN Page Builder and NextGen Editor (I work also to help them from time to time) that offer the possibility to edit drag & drop WYSIWYG in both backend & Frontend. Also you will bring back the full Joomla power of dual edition.

NextGen Editor on The JED: extensions.joomla.org/extension/nextgen-editor/
Check their demo, pretty cool : demo.nextgeneditor.com/pro/
— You have to press the NGE button on the top right to start edit
Their system work exactly the same in backend, I kind of like that they don’t use a component to establish Drag & drop articles but work directly with Joomla articles
I think you offers also that possibility ?

2. Cannot direct input text in the Preview page
Yes, That’s a most, if not, you loose that live edit experience, at my first test with your builder, I jump from browser to browser as I was thinking it was a bug. Like I say it’s even more disturbing that the cursor turn to a text input icon when passing over text...

3. No button to edit new Joomla article with your editor ?
— I just created an article in JD Builder component, it’s not appearing in Joomla > Content > Article and I see no way to send it there in your component.
— I just created a new article in Joomla > Content > Article, no button to edit with JD Builder

I don’t see what you show me, remember that I use the free version, maybe this is the problem?
Anyway, I think that an article or a category created in your component should automatically also appear in Joomla content and category ,
if not you are creating 2 separate system for creating content and bypassing completely Joomla.

More, a very important question arise, what happen to the content (article & category) created in JD Builder (not appearing as Joomla content) if you uninstall JD???
You're loosing them?
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by staton84596.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iorbita

Is it possible to edit JD Builder content from the front-end of the site? 1 week 1 day ago #30407

• iorbita
Hi @Staton84596,
…indeed, not being able to edit an article in front-end is a lack compared to other page builder which integrated for some time now, too bad also that in back-end 'live-preview' it is not possible to edit elements, as you said it, we loose live edit experience, …and finally strange that there is not a roadmap for new features ... :dry:

Regarding point 3, Joomla articles are integrated into JDBuilder but you must have Pro version:
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by iorbita.

Is it possible to edit JD Builder content from the front-end of the site? 1 week 1 day ago #30417

• Crash
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7
All new Joomdev sites are built on JD Builder. This means my clients are no longer able to edit from front end and as such the new templates are of no use to me. Very disappointing.

Any structured roadmap for a fix?

Regards,
Colin.

Is it possible to edit JD Builder content from the front-end of the site? 1 day 21 hours ago #30483

• Crash
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Any response from JoomDev re: Any structured roadmap for a fix?

Regards,
Colin.
  • Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.493 seconds
Cron Job Starts