Joomla is one of the popular content management system used widely to develop e-commerce websites, Business website, and portfolio website. It is popular due to its extendable Joomla extension directory. Joomla CMS has extensions for almost every purpose and every category such as website management, social sharing or social following buttons, Sliders, Gallery, indexing, maps, shopping, contact, and feedback, Managing events and much more like these.
In this article, we will discuss two most popular Joomla Event Calendar extensions JEvents and Ohanah. Both are good but it is too much confusing to choose the best one. Both have a lot of features and so many people saying different things about each.
Let’s discuss one by one.
JEvents is a powerful and well-known Joomla Event calendar extension which provides full Events & calendar solution for your Joomla website. The JEvents package includes the main component, several modules, and plugins to provide a feature rich solution to cover most of your event / calendar needs.
- You can view your event calendar in different list format. Even it provides the repeat pattern of the event. You can make a setting repeat the event post if your event is running each week or each month.
- JEvents Extension is fully compatible with latest Joomla version and MVC Framework.
- It is fully customizable with multiple design layouts as you follow the Joomla Template override standards.
- You can import and export your event list through iCal.
- You can place an event in multiple categories and also you can customize the calendar to show all or some category events.
- Optional checking for overlapping events on a global or category specific basis
- So if you are not happy default layout of your JEvents Calendar, you can edit its layout with its custom layout editor to give a perfect and professional look to your event page. You can edit its style view in event detail page, list view, and monthly calendar cell view.
- To make the great user experience for submitting an event, you can customize the event editing page.
- You can make category specific layout of your page so your events could not be mixed up.
- If you are running a multilingual website, you can customize your layout according to different languages.
- JEvents Supports more than 20 languages including Afrikaans, Arabic, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
- Its Search plugin allows users to search events from the events calendar.
- It comes with different modules like Calendar Module, latest Event Module, Event Legend, and Filter Module.
Calendar Module: This module provides you a monthly calendar view and it is using a colored view to show when the specific event occurs.
Latest Event Module: Latest Event provides you the highly summarized view of popular events, recently added events and upcoming events.
Event Legend: It displays along with the component helps you to show event categories and a view of events according to their categories.
Filter Module: Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of search filters which are selectable within the module.
- If you are not satisfied with its services, you can get your money back withing 30 days.
If you are using Joomla CMS for your event management website, the Ohanah Joomla Extension is the best option. Ohanah is only the end to end solution for your event management company website. Through Ohanah, you can set up an event in just a minute, group event according to categories or venues. Ohanah was developed by Beyounic and Nick Balestra.
- Content is an important factor to rank on Google and with the help of Ohanah extension, you can create a rich content event by using long description, flyer, and map etc.
- You can create a repeating event and save of your time by enabling repeat feature of Ohanah. You can repeat events on the weekly, monthly or daily basis.
- For easy navigation, you can create an event according to their category. If you are hosting a sports event, you can put it in the sports category and if you are hosting a music event, you can put in the music event.
- You can create a venue specific pages with events as main stars.
- Ohanah Extension comes with three layouts event list, calendars, and maps.
Event List: You can use event list to display event list in the main area of your website.
Calendar: Full page calendar or module that you can put anywhere – all calendars are packed with information and fully responsive.
Maps: You can integrate maps with all of your maps. There is 6 map size available. You just need to select from the option.
- You can setup Ticketing System to sell event ticket and maximize your revenue in just a few steps. The main thing is that you can control this system according to you. That means, you can set how many tickets should be sold on the particular event and who can see them, who can register and when any can register and how many tickets a person can buy.
- You can collect all the details including their numbers and email ids with the help of built-in form builder.
- The payment setup is so easy. You just need to enter your PayPal email address and start collecting money in your PayPal account.
- Ohanah provides fully customized email notifications for the administrator as well as for the attendees.
- If you are investing in any product, you always expect the full support if you need. So Ohana provides premium dedicated support for all plans. Their support members are Professional Joomla experts so they can help you to fix your problem.
- So if you are not satisfied with the product, they are offering 30 days money back guarantee.