fbpx

You'll fall in love with this sweet deal Save 25% with this code: VALENTINESDAY Unlock Offer

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED)Custom CSS File Issues

Custom CSS File Issues 1 week 2 days ago #11273

• motwguy
  • Thank you received: 1
I am upgrading an existing site with Asteroid/Seattle and having issues getting it to recognize the CSS file .
Here is the path I am using: http://localhost/spica2/templates/styles.css Am I missing something?
Also, can the file be names something else (such as custom.css)
The topic has been locked.

Custom CSS File Issues 1 week 2 days ago #11274

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 233
Hello,

The styles-xxxxx.css is generated in runtime and not recommend you modify that, the file is generated based on less files that are in the /less/ folder in the template.
You can create a new file at /templates/astroid_template_zero/css/custom.css and it will automatically be included in the head and you can write all your custom CSS in there.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Custom CSS File Issues 1 week 1 day ago #11276

• motwguy
1) Looks I've mis-communicated. I am referring the setting in the Custom Code tab labeled "Custom CSS Files" This section seems to ignore the file path http://localhost/spica2/templates/styles.css.
2) If I can drop my css file into /templates/astroid_template_zero/css/custom.css that should solve my problem. However, I need some clarification.
- the path /templates/astroid_template_zero/css/ does not exist. There is a \templates\tpl_jdseattle\css
- Should I use the existing path or create a new folder called astroid_template_zero?

Custom CSS File Issues 1 week 1 day ago #11277

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 233
You are using the seattle template that's based on Astroid framework.

1. each line typed in here will be added as a CSS file in the head. Please make sure the path is correct or atleast verify the source. You should see it there.
2. Your correct path should be
/templates/tpl_jdseattle/css/custom.css
so, really it's creating a custom.css file inside the css folder of your astroid based template, no matter the same of it.

Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Custom CSS File Issues 1 week 1 day ago #11279

• motwguy
Working thanks you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Custom CSS File Issues 1 week 1 day ago #11291

• Lalit Kumar
  • Thank you received: 23
Great :)

Let us know if you have any query.

Thanks,
Lalit
Thank You,
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds