fbpx

Celebrate Joomla Day France With 25% Discount on Everything JOOMLADAYFRClaim Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Display Problems after update to 2.1.0

Display Problems after update to 2.1.0 1 week 2 days ago #12729

• webbie
After today's update to Asteroid Framework & Template to 2.1.0, I found various problems with the display of the Front Page of my site. The header background image and color issues I was able to rectify OK myself. However, on my Front Page, the Content area is not displaying my Featured Articles correctly (extra space between article columns, as well as an empty block with no article in it). And my Right Column (which contains "Latest Articles" module & and "Ads" below it) has been pushed below the Content Area. Likewise, I believe that my "Content-Bottom" module area is being pushed to left column (which contains a responsive Google Ad that sometimes displays the ad onto the left column area).

I've checked everything I can think to check and have even assigned my custom columns new module positions but no luck. And it seems to ONLY affect the front page, as if you click on any of the links, the resulting pages seem to display the columns & everything correctly.

In case this matters: I'm using a copy of the original template (in order to be able to easily restore any mistakes I might have made during development of the template - as this is my first try at using Astroid), so my template default is named astroid_template_zero(2). The site is located at www.metrodetroittoday.com . Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Display Problems after update to 2.1.0 1 week 1 day ago #12762

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 282
Hello,

If you check the changelog you can see we made the changes so the features articles view blog displays the below view now.

You can try 2 things.
1. Turn off the blog feature in Astroid and that should fix it.
2. Manage the columns/rows from the menu item (for featured articles) and see if that does the job.

Related read at: www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...-not-correct-working

There is probably an extra div closing in one of the articles on the homepage that's causing the right column to move to the bottom. Try un-publishing one article at a time to see which one fixes it and then look at the code for that one.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Display Problems after update to 2.1.0 1 week 1 day ago #12765

• webbie
Hi Chetan,
Thank you so very much for the quick reply. I really appreciate it. And thank you for the wonderful Astroid Platform. I really do like it!
Please see my replies below:
admin wrote:
If you check the changelog you can see we made the changes so the features articles view blog displays the below view now.
---
Related read at: www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...-not-correct-working

I'm not sure what that means exactly... but to guess (and based on the link you included to another article), I think you may be referring to where the article information shows (things such as DATE, AUTHOR, etc) - Top or Bottom. On my front page (with Featured Articles enabled), those things are Disabled. And they are working properly on my article pages (I only use the Published Date, and Print/Email icons on my articles pages) .

However - I have tried various settings (probably all of them) in trying to resolve this - including setting Bottom in every setting (Menu, Article Options, etc.) but there has been no change.
admin wrote:
You can try 2 things.
1. Turn off the blog feature in Astroid and that should fix it.
2. Manage the columns/rows from the menu item (for featured articles) and see if that does the job.

RE #1: I do not see an actual singular "blog feature" setting to turn off in Asteroid. However, in "Articles/Blog" settings area, I do not have any of those options enabled or in use.

RE #2: As suggested, I have experimented with those settings. It appears that if I do NOT use a 1 - or single article display for the Leading Articles setting (labeled "# Leading Articles" in the Menu or Article settings) and instead choose Zero - thus having a simple 2 column display without a single leading article - the page will display properly (at least as far as putting the Right side Modules up where they belong, and getting rid of the blank space in the column/rows). Not sure why an update to Asteroid 2.1.0 has changed that though. Somewhat disappointed as I thought it was a nice look - but I'll live with it if I have to.

The other curious thing - still - is that I'm thinking that there used to be less space between the columns and rows of the Featured Articles that show up on the front page than there used to be on the older version of the template. Am I, perhaps, just not remembering that correctly?
admin wrote:
There is probably an extra div closing in one of the articles on the homepage that's causing the right column to move to the bottom. Try un-publishing one article at a time to see which one fixes it and then look at the code for that one.

I tried reducing the amount of featured articles displayed to just 2, and then I disabled those 2 (so that the previous 2 in line show) and did that a few times (disabling more stories, etc.) and found no difference. But (as mentioned above) I found that the only way to get the right column to display properly was to set the Leading Articles to 0 so that there is no single, full-width article on the top.

On another (very minor) issue: it seems like I had my drop-down menu displaying the dropped sub-menus to the right, but they now seem to align left again. For the life of me I can not figure out where that setting is at (other than maybe in the CSS file - which I didn't change on the last template). But I'm not using the Astroid Mega Menu feature so I guess that's a Joomla setting somewhere I'll have to find.

I will keep investigating as time allows, but I guess I will have to live with the changes to the newer version of this template as it is for now.

Again, thank you so very much for your kind assistance, and for the Astroid platform as well. Great work!

Dave
Time to create page: 0.488 seconds