fbpx
Introducing JD Builder - Now Beat the unbeatable designsDownload For Free
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Like using Astroid?

Help us improve Astroid by providing some quick feedback.

Take the survey

TOPIC: How to make more granular edits to header?

How to make more granular edits to header? 3 months 1 week ago #16168

• joellogic
I am using astroid framework with astroid template.
If I want to use text logo and edit the font, left align and similar, is there a way to do that.
If I want to change the height of the header to take up less space is there a way to do that?
It looks like there is an option to enter custom HTML but it seems when I entered some HTML it is added to existing header and didn't override
Any help appreciated
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to make more granular edits to header? 3 months 1 week ago #16181

• roshan jajoriya
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 17
Hello
Hope you doing well !!!
I checked your issues and here is the solution below

Q. If I want to use text logo and edit the font, left align and similar, is there a way to do that ?
A. You can manage this from custom.css for this but you can not manage this from backend.

Q. If I want to change the height of the header to take up less space is there a way to do that?
A. You can manage this from custom.css or bootstrap classes for this but you can not manage this from backend.

So you can create then put the custom.css file in this location - Site Root > Templates > Your Template name folder > css

Q. It looks like there is an option to enter custom HTML but it seems when I entered some HTML it is added to existing header and didn't override ?
A. I think you are talking about this www.screencast.com/t/glNOzYT5tSVf So this option is for block please see the screenshot www.screencast.com/t/CTAE9vNUSwf

Follow this for header ovveride
docs.joomdev.com/article/frontend-folder-overrides/
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

How to make more granular edits to header? 3 months 1 week ago #16243

• joellogic
Thank you for the prompt response.
I had hoped that the layout editor built into Astroid framework would allow such edits as I could normally perform such edits with an application like SP Page Builder.
Guess I need to look for a different solution.

How to make more granular edits to header? 3 months 1 week ago #16247

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 449
Hi Again,

Since there are many header layouts and offer a vary majority of options, the customisations you requested are not possible from the backend. You could however modify and override the header layout and write all sorts of custom CSS.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds