fbpx

Stay Home & Grab 40% Discount COVID19Grab Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Blog Options I can’t hide Author Info at the menu item level

Blog Options I can’t hide Author Info at the menu item level 2 months 3 weeks ago #19480

• alekshavan
Blog Options, I can’t hide Author Info at the menu item level
Blog option settings to hide Author Info can only be in the galabal template settings. Or in the material settings. To enable or disable Author Info, you need to disable this at the level of the entire site or do it in each material. If the site has 100 or 1000 materials, this is not realistic. Is there no Joomla dialog? In the Joomla menu item, you can customize how articles are displayed at the menu item level. And again, I remind you that in Joomla we have 3 choices. Show / Hide / Use Material Settings.
Menu settings, Block options need to be done as in the material settings. But in the settings of the Menu still add an option - Use material settings.
See screenshots
See screenshots [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Blog Options I can’t hide Author Info at the menu item level 2 months 3 weeks ago #19509

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 544
Hello,

To hide the Author Info. You have to go to the Astroid Admin Panel and disable Author Info from Article/Blog tab.

Thanks,
Chandan
Attachments:
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Blog Options I can’t hide Author Info at the menu item level 2 months 3 weeks ago #19510

• alekshavan
Hello dear Chandan. I know it. Read my post carefully. I wrote about this. What to turn off author info can only be done globally in the template settings or in each material. And it is very inconvenient. No settings Blog options for Author info - Show / Hide / Use material settings at the menu item level. Since this is implemented in the settings of the menu item inside Joomla itself.

Blog Options I can’t hide Author Info at the menu item level 2 months 3 weeks ago #19521

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi,

Author Info in some information about the author that can be seen on Single Article view & to disable that we have the option in Astroid backend. We don't see it on any article listing view that is why the option is not added at Menu level.
If you want to disable the author name that is being displayed in the list view, you can do that easily under Options tab there you have the Show Author option, specific to the menu.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by nishtha.

Blog Options I can’t hide Author Info at the menu item level 2 months 3 weeks ago #19524

• alekshavan
Hello dear Nishtha.
I am talking about Info - author (Blog Options - Astroid). You do not have the function Disable in the menu settings (Info - author, Blog Options - astroid) for the menu item type Category Blog - (Displays article introductions in a single or multi-column layout). There is no disconnect setting in the menu for all content in Category Blog !!!
For example, in one menu item Category Blog - (Our News), I want to show inside each material (Info - author, Blog Options - astroid).
In another menu item (Category Blog - Sermons) I do not want to show inside each material (Info - author, Blog Options - astroid).
But in order to do so, I will have to disable (Info - author, Blog Options - astroid) in each material (Category Blog - Sermons).
I can’t disable (Info - author, Blog Options - astroid) for all materials in the menu item (Category Blog).
And I understand that in Astroid (Info - author, Blog Options - astroid) is displayed only inside the material.
But I have a problem.
In one menu item I want to show Info - author, (Blog Options - astroid).
And for another menu, I do not want to show Info - author, (Blog Options - astroid). Tell me how to do this?

I hope you now understand what I'm talking about.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by alekshavan.

Blog Options I can’t hide Author Info at the menu item level 2 months 3 weeks ago #19530

• nishtha
Hi,

Ya I now get how you want the options to be but as of now you need to disable the author info of each article in the category(where you do not want to show the info).
But we'll have to discuss this if the options at Menu level need to be updated. Will let you know the progress on this.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Blog Options I can’t hide Author Info at the menu item level 2 months 3 weeks ago #19540

• alekshavan
Hello dear Nishtha
If you add this question to the development for updating the Astroid-Framework. This would be really good. And that would reflect Joomla's ideology. All menu settings in Joomla are released exactly on this principle.

Blog Options I can’t hide Author Info at the menu item level 2 months 3 weeks ago #19549

• nishtha
Yes your suggestions have been forwarded to the development team lets see how soon they get implemented.
Thank You,

Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by nishtha.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds