fbpx

Stay Home & Grab 20% Discount COVID19Grab Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sidebar Menu as well as Main Menu

Sidebar Menu as well as Main Menu 1 month 2 weeks ago #21366

• Keanu
Hi there,

This is likely going to be a bit of an odd question but i'm trying to figure out whether or not Astroid / JD Builder are suitable for my project! Long story short, I built the majority of the website in WordPress, however due to functionality issues / limitations i've had to pick up and move everything over to Joomla instead. I haven't used Joomla in roughly 10 years so i'm completely out of touch with it, so please bear with me if my questions seem stupid!

I'm essentially looking to have a fixed side menu that can scroll but also keep the main menu that goes fixed top after scrolling the page? This was the plugin I was using on WordPress:
http://superfly.looks-awesome.com

Is this possible? If so, how would I go around achieving the side menu? Not too worried about the other stuff, I'll pick that up as I go along, it's mainly just the side menu that i'm worried about as that will be an integral part of the site.

Also, one more question! Is it possible to use the pro slider to display posts and the such? Or is it mainly for images instead? (This ones not too big of an issue as i'm not entirely sure if i'm keen on it anymore or not lol!)

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
-Keanu
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Keanu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sidebar Menu as well as Main Menu 1 month 2 weeks ago #21375

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 543
Hi Keanu,

In Astroid we have he sidebar build in and you can easily switch it to be your header.
demo at: demo.joomdev.com/astroid-framework/toolb...ader/sidebar-style-1
Header documentation at:
docs.joomdev.com/article/astroid-header/

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keanu

Sidebar Menu as well as Main Menu 1 month 2 weeks ago #21376

• admin
  • Administrator
The slider is mainly for images only and we have a few things elements coming up on the road map that should allow you to lists posts (articles in Joomla remember).

Welcome back to Joomla!
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keanu

Sidebar Menu as well as Main Menu 1 month 2 weeks ago #21379

• Keanu
Hi Chetan,

That's pretty much exactly what I wanted regarding the sidebar! Is it possible to have another header aswell (Similar to the picture?) as the sidebar menu is only used to go to different important articles, rather than actually be the menu. So essentially have the sidebar as a sub menu?

No problem at all! Not a deal breaker on that one!

Thank you very much for your quick replies!!

Kind regards,
-Keanu

Sidebar Menu as well as Main Menu 1 month 2 weeks ago #21380

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi Keanu,

You can't necessarily have 2 headers but you can publish the main menu module that'll get you what you need (without dropdowns).

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,

Sidebar Menu as well as Main Menu 1 month 2 weeks ago #21382

• Keanu
Hi Chetan,

Got'cha, I think i've got it figured out! Just a few more questions.

Firstly, is there a way to attach to a sub element of self? e.g. "self a"?

Is there a quicker way to add global css, rather than having to go through to the theme settings? e.g. page css?

Is there a way to shrink the side of the menu bar on the left? It's currently like 300px wide or something! I want to trim off maybe 100px off it!

and finally.. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, however I tried to remove the padding from an element, found out that you needed to set it to p-0, however that wasn't working. I had to manually set p-3 as having no padding in the theme css to fix this as it was set as "!important" elsewhere.

Thanks again!
Kind regards,

Sidebar Menu as well as Main Menu 1 month 2 weeks ago #21383

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi,
Replies in order:

1. I am not sure what you mean by sub element of self. Is this regarding JD builder. please start a new post in JD builder category.
2. astroid (docs.joomdev.com/article/jd-builder-custom-css/ and docs.joomdev.com/article/how-to-use-cust...ss-files-to-astroid/)
3. Yes, You can manage the width of the offcanvas bar from the header settings, I am not sure about sidebar but it shouldn't be more than a line of CSS if you can't find the setting there.
4. It's probably overwriting it somewhere. You should NOT change p-3 to 0px important as that will mess up things in other places p-3 is being used.

Thank You,
Chetan
Thank You,

Sidebar Menu as well as Main Menu 1 month 2 weeks ago #21384

• Keanu
Hi Chetan,

1. Ah, my apologies! I'll make sure to make a post over there regarding it.

2. Perfect, thank you.

3. No problem! Will give it a look!

4. I did assume that it'd cause an issue elsewhere, however this is the code i'm finding on my side:
.astroid-component-section {
    padding: 50px 0;
}
@media (min-width: 768px)
.pb-md-5, .py-md-5 {
    padding-bottom: 3rem !important;
}
@media (min-width: 768px)
.pt-md-5, .py-md-5 {
    padding-top: 3rem !important;
}
.pb-3, .py-3 {
    padding-bottom: 1rem !important;
}
.pt-3, .py-3 {
    padding-top: 1rem !important;
}
article, aside, figcaption, figure, footer, header, hgroup, main, nav, section {
    display: block;

and I'm unable to do anything directly on JD Builder directly because of it. Would this be classed as a JD Builder issue instead?

Thanks again!
Kind regards,

Sidebar Menu as well as Main Menu 1 month 2 weeks ago #21385

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi Keanu,

For #4, keep it as is for the moment, unless you have the site online and I can take a look and we can get to it may one once if it causes an issue.

Please post in the JD builder forum and we'll help you there.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds