Astroid 2.4 Landed with Joomla 4 Compatibility Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: (SOLVED)Some modules not visible astroid template zero

Some modules not visible astroid template zero 2 months 6 days ago #23702

• Belgian58
Hello,

I wanted to evaluate the astroid system.

So I installed the following within Joomla 3.9.20

astroid-framework-v2.3.0.zip -
astroid-package-v2.3.0.Framework-Template.zip
and astroid-template-zero-v2.3.0.zip

after installation and some configuration I saw the following on the website - the text ( not the positioning information, within the screenshot )

HD background selector
Superuser

The message that cookies are being used is not shown when opening the website

The sponser placed in a module is not shown

Is there a solution for those issues?

Thank you

Kurt
Last Edit: 2 months 6 days ago by Belgian58.
The topic has been locked.

Some modules not visible astroid template zero 2 months 4 days ago #23733

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 135
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply & thank you for using Astroid, but can you be a little clear with what is not working.....like are not able to see the module in which you are displaying the cookies box? or is it something else?

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Some modules not visible astroid template zero 2 months 4 days ago #23734

• Belgian58
Hello Nishtha,

Thank you for your reply. :) I'm a patient person - so no worries.

Sorry about being to cryptic :oops: in my problem description. Ok - let me restart.

What am I looking for? I would like to have a few templates ( configurated in the same way - all elements in the same position ) in order to make it possible for me to switch a couple of times during the year to another view.

In attachment 1 is a screenshot of the website currently being used. The website = www.kanariatorhout.be .

I have highlighted the elements in red. ( Here I used my desktop pc with multiple monitors )

When using the astroid template zero - I don't see the highlighted red elements.

1. Kanaria Torhout = the site name ( ref Global configuration )

2. We worden gesteund door and the picture Me Technics ( we are supported by ) = banner ( flexbanner ) - module type = flexbanner

3. The use of the cookies is in position footer ( on the original site ) and mod jbcookies ver 3.1.1 is being used

4. The module Multitrans ( also in position footer ) is being used for other users being able to switch to another language

The tests are being done on my portable pc and using the localhost environment. Unfortunately, I was not able to make a complete screenshot of the situation when the astroid template zero is being used. So I devided it in 3 elements.

Here you see the text - HD-Background Selector. What is the purpose? What is the link?

The Menu is very good. But as you can see, the element we worden gesteund door ( we are supported by ) + picture is not available

In the bottom section - the text superuser is seen. Ok, I'm doing the changes as a superuser - but to show it in this way, is a bit exaggerated, don't you think.

The use of cookies is not presented and the multitrans option is also not visible.

I also did the test using the jd boston and the jd austin and had more or less the same situation.

If you need to ask some other question, please do.

Kind regards

Kurt
Attachments:

Some modules not visible astroid template zero 2 months 4 days ago #23746

• nishtha
Hi Kurt,

Thank you for your patience, now things are a little clear so please follow these steps:-

1. Since you are using 2 different template therefore each template has its own module positions. So you need to publish the same modules on the positions that are there in both the templates.
To know the module positions of your current template you can read the article(docs.joomdev.com/article/how-to-view-tem...positions-in-joomla/) After which you will now create the same module positions in Astroid zero template.

2. Now to create those positions in the Astroid backend Layout, this video will give you a basic idea of how to do that in Astroid() though its and old one but the process is same.
After this you will start seeing the same modules in Astroid as well like language switcher, We worden gesteund door and others in your list

3. For the logo you need to create a header section in Layout, and then read the article on how you can style the logo in Astroid (docs.joomdev.com/article/astroid-logo-options/)

4. As far as the cookie box is concerned assuming its a plugin which will work in Astroid like it does on any other template.

Let us know if you have any more questions for us. For more help you can checkout Astroid's documentation(docs.joomdev.com/category/astroid-user-manual/)

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Some modules not visible astroid template zero 2 months 4 days ago #23747

• Belgian58
Hello Nishtha,

Thank you for all relevant information. :woohoo: I will start reading and viewing.

I will let you know the result ASAP.

Kind regards

Kurt :)

Some modules not visible astroid template zero 2 months 1 day ago #23764

• Belgian58
Hello Nishtha,

I did some puzzle work and found the combination I wanted for the template zero and HD Boston. I still have to do some fine tuning though.
Checked also some other templates - HD New York, HD New Jersey, HD Miami, HD Austin, HD Atlanta but uninstalled them afterwards.

Kind regards

Some modules not visible astroid template zero 2 months 22 hours ago #23767

• nishtha
Hi Kurt,

Well then in that case should I conclude that you got what you wanted? If you have some more issues do let us know, this problem is now solved topic will be closed.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Some modules not visible astroid template zero 2 months 19 hours ago #23775

• Belgian58
Hello Nishtha,

Well I found all the pieces of the puzzle. But, something else pops up and I don't know if it is template or Joomla related. :unsure:

With the template zero I have had the following situation twice:

I wanted to change something in the template options, and for some unknown reason, I could no longer change the options, because they didn't become available to me.

By uninstalling the template zero and reinstalling the template zero, I had again access to the template options - but of course I had to restart the configuration again.

This issue doesn't pop up with the HD Boston template.

Kind regards

Some modules not visible astroid template zero 2 months 12 hours ago #23779

• nishtha
Hi Kurt,

That's a little strange can you give me an example which option did not work or was not available?

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Some modules not visible astroid template zero 1 month 4 weeks ago #23793

• Belgian58
Hello Nishtha,

Here is a screenshot of what is happening.

I do the following :

Click on extensions - templates - styles
Double click on the zero template
Click on the template options button

And then I see the elements in the screenshot but I don't get to see the options. My screen remains permanently on the screenshots view.

The only thing that I can do is to uninstall the zero template and reinstall it.

Kind regards

• Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.892 seconds