fbpx

Astroid 2.4 Landed with Joomla 4 Compatibility Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Uncaught TypeError astroid_template_zero/js/system/frontedit

Uncaught TypeError astroid_template_zero/js/syste​m/frontedit 1 week 5 days ago #24432

• Chacapamac
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
After updating the Astrod framework and Zero Template and Joomla 3.9.21 I get these type of errors on my local site and my online test site —> www.graf-test.ca/astroid/index.php/fr/
Uncaught TypeError: $(...).find(...).tooltip is not a function
    initTooltips http://www.graf-test.ca/astroid/index.php/fr/:46
    <anonymous> http://www.graf-test.ca/astroid/index.php/fr/:46
    jQuery 4
fr:46:194
Uncaught TypeError: $(...).addClass(...).prepend(...).children(...).attr(...).attr(...).tooltip is not a function
    mouseenter http://www.graf-test.ca/astroid/templates/astroid_template_zero/js/system/frontediting.js?4b86b6b9ea3e318147d7dd73dec43034:127
    jQuery 3
frontediting.js:127:22.

• These errors seem inconsistents, they just accumulate as I scroll down (almost 20 errors)?

• When I go to Template manager and the template Style the green flashing button is flashing on the save button?

• When I clear the cache (in Astroid template manager) and clear the cache of the browser, The error seem to diseappear, but when I close my browser (Firefox Dev), reopen Firefox, clear the browser cache and reopen the local site by passing by the administration the errors are back — 100% reproducible ???????

• What is really wierd, if I close my browser (Firefox Dev), reopen Firefox, clear the browser cache and reopen directly to the front page of the local site (Not passing by the administration) the errors are gone — 100% reproducible ???????
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Uncaught TypeError astroid_template_zero/js/syste​m/frontedit 1 week 5 days ago #24457

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 592
HI,

I am looking for a fix for this one. Please stand by!
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Uncaught TypeError astroid_template_zero/js/syste​m/frontedit 1 week 5 days ago #24460

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 574
Hello,

Need to remove the vendor, jui folders and script.js file from js folder. For more info. Please read the documentation link.

github.com/joomdev/Astroid-Framework/wik...update-your-template

Note: Please take your original site backup. Install it separately and make the new changes there. When you are satisfied with all your changes then upload the backup of this site onto the live site.

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Uncaught TypeError astroid_template_zero/js/syste​m/frontedit 1 week 4 days ago #24501

• Chacapamac
  • Premium Member
Thanks Chetan & thanks Chandandeep for that link.

Some of the steps in this link are not to clear for me (I imagine neewbies, they probably will have the same questions and difficulties...)

I will repeat the steps (based on that update-your-template page and note part that are not clear for me...)
Please tell me if I did it right....

Update your template:

PART 1; Update Your Template
1- Remove astroid and bootstrap folders from scss
Ok this is straightforward, done...

2- Remove @import of astroid and bootstrap and dependencies from style.scss
Here I already update to 2.4 before starting this “Migration” process and. my style.css is almost empty — IS THIS OK????
My actual style.scss
// Theme
@import "zero/style";

3- Move frontend folder to html/frontend
Ok, I did, but this REPLACE the actual “frontend” folder — IS THIS OK????
IF THIS OK, you should indicated it in your information to be clearer.
e.g. —> Move frontend folder to html/frontend (will replace the existing “frontend” folder in the “html” folder

4- Remove files from frontend folder those never customized or edited.
In my case, that step remove EVERYTHING in the now html > frontend folder as I didn’t customized any of those files — IS THIS OK????

5- Change index.php code.
6- Template folder structure.
In those 2 steps, I have no ideas what you want us to do,????

6- Remove options folder from astroid folder

7- Remove vendor, jui folders and script.js file from js folder

PART 2; Update Frontend
I have no idea what you want us to do here. Are you talking about customized files that will stay in the frontend folder ?????? In my case none or you talking about something else???? your text is not clear here....

Can you precise?????
Note: I did exactly what you see here and no more errors so far..... I just want to know if all my steps are ok and give you some hints on part of your infos ar unclear, at least for me... ;)
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Chacapamac.

Uncaught TypeError astroid_template_zero/js/syste​m/frontedit 1 week 2 days ago #24584

• hitesh99raj
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
Hello Chacapamac,

First of all I would like to share with you one thing, The 3 main concepts of new Astroid are
#1. Remove framework dependencies from template
#2. Improve the rendering performance of template
#3. Remove conflicts with the other Joomla extensions

So, The old template structure was have 3 major dependencies of framework.
#1. xml files of Template Options
#2. scss of Astroid core and Bootstrap
#3. And frontend partials

All these things are now serving from framework level and the user will no longer have to update the template every time while updating framework. Also, the user can still easily override anything from framework.

Now, As far as it seems, you have done all your steps properly. Below are the answers to all your questions:

PART 1; Update Your Template
1. OK
2. Yes, It is okay. Now you are free to add your scss in any way.
3. If you haven't change anything in frontend folder before, You no longer need to have a frontend folder.

First thing, `frontend` folder is now `html/frontend` folder. You can override any frontend partials by just copying any file from `JOOMLA_ROOT/libraries/astroid/framework/frontend` to `TEMPLATE_ROOT/html/frontend`

4. OK
5. Hope you have no doubt here
6. OK
7. OK

PART 2; Update Frontend
Everything is ok here, And it is explained above in details. If you still have any doubt then I can explain it in more details.

Uncaught TypeError astroid_template_zero/js/syste​m/frontedit 1 week 1 day ago #24597

• Chacapamac
  • Premium Member
First, thank you hitesh99raj for the answers.
From Joomla 1.5, I was with Rocketheme and decided to change as their new Gantry framework , even if good, was no longer “Joomla friendly”...
I choose JOOMDEV as my choice of template/framework after a year of deep testing all the big players out there.

This 2.4 migration is reenforcing that my choice was the right one...

I hope my questions here help you to clarify the Migration process page,,,

Still few points that I’m not sure about;
To my question:
5- Change index.php code.
[b]6-[/b] Template folder structure.

Your answer was:
5. Hope you have no doubt here
6. OK

I’m still asking myself, what code I have to change in the index.php and what I have to change to the Template folder structure?
— Remember that this 2 points are under the “Update Your Template” paragraph. That, for me, mean, that I have to do something in those 2 points, but what?

If you mean that the 2 points are parts of the new 2.4 structure, they should not be under the “Update Your Template” paragraph. as it is not something the user have to do.

Again, PART 2; Update Frontend
I understand the points under Update Frontend but I don’t understand that you put it as the second group of thing to do to migrate.

I think, I understand what you trying to say on this page....
Look at the following

I will move points 5 & 6 from the “Update your template” to the overview of changes (in the introduction)
• Change index.php code.
• Template folder structure.

Like:
The reason for so many breaks, is major rewrite in the core library of Astroid, which was very important to keep in mind the future of framework. Here are some most important changes are summarized below that you should be aware while moving from v2.3.x to v2.4.x.

Some important changes are in the index.php code (link) and the Template folder structure (link).

Now you will have only the real actions needed to be done by the user in the “Update your template
• Remove astroid and bootstrap folders from scss
• Remove @import of astroid and bootstrap and dependencies from style.scss
• Move frontend folder to html/frontend
• Remove files from frontend folder those never customized or edited.
• Remove options folder from astroid folder
• Remove vendor, jui folders and script.js file from js folder

For the —> 2 Update Frontend
I will simply add a small introduction to explain that this part is only necessary if you have modified files or use proprietary code in custom applications like;

2 Update Frontend
( This step is only necessary if you have modified files or use proprietary code in custom applications)

• If you are using following classes AstroidFramework, AstroidFrameworkTemplate, AstroidFrameworkHelper, AstroidFrameworkConstants, AstroidMenu in your code then you must update...... and the rest of your text

I think that will be less confusing to be use as a help page.... What do you think?
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by Chacapamac.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.498 seconds