fbpx

Control Content Visibility on Your Joomla Website with Display Conditions Know More

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Animate css animation are block by default in all browsers with “prefers-reduced-motion” ?

Animate css animation are block by default in all browsers with “prefers-reduced-motion” ? 2 days 19 hours ago #25992

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 5
I just realized that Animate css animation are block by default in all browsers with “prefers-reduced-motion” ?

Is that mean that Animate is useless now?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Animate css animation are block by default in all browsers with “prefers-reduced-motion” ? 2 days 17 hours ago #25993

• n0r3m3mb3r
Yes, of course, because that's exactly what the "prefers-reduced-motion" setting in browsers and in device settings is for: to reduce or disable animations. Please keep in mind that some people are sensitive to certain animations, motions, blinking/flashing, and so it is very helpful for them. It's not an error or malfunction, but a feature.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS...efers-reduced-motion

Animate css animation are block by default in all browsers with “prefers-reduced-motion” ? 2 days 12 hours ago #25995

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 5
The Animate library seem to be now DISABLED BY DEFAULT in all main browsers, (I try Firefox, Safari and Chrome)
Without a fix to the library itself, Animate.css is useless as 99% of the people will never change these deep settings.

My advice for JOOMDEV will be to change library for animation, I use AOS without problem (work in all same browsers).

Maybe a fix here:
Really good conversation on that subject on github
github.com/animate-css/animate.css/issues/928
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Cron Job Starts