fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cache folder holds Astroid files and grows bigger and bigger

Cache folder holds Astroid files and grows bigger and bigger 8 months 2 weeks ago #28028

• ozwest
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
I notice something really weird, the cache folder in Joomla has a folder "Astroid" in it and within that are subfolder (see attachments).

Over the months this file seemed to get bigger and bigger and eat up the server resources (about 15GB). I first did not know what it was so I just deleted all the content in the cache and temp folders a couple of hours ago and this solved the problem.

However when I just checked back into this folders I already found new files in there starting to eat up server space.

Any ideas?

Joomla 3.9.24
PHP 7.4.11
Astroid
Framework Version: 2.4.7
Template Version: 2.4.2
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by ozwest. Reason: more info
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cache folder holds Astroid files and grows bigger and bigger 8 months 2 weeks ago #28035

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi,

Ok thanks for reporting we'll check this and let you know the updates.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Cache folder holds Astroid files and grows bigger and bigger 8 months 1 week ago #28044

• ozwest
  • Premium Member
A little fun fact with it:

It does not happen in every installation of Android Template just in this one.

Cache folder holds Astroid files and grows bigger and bigger 8 months 1 week ago #28055

• dankra
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
:: following ::

Cache folder holds Astroid files and grows bigger and bigger 8 months 1 week ago #28129

• nishtha
Hi,

We have now released a new Astroid update, please update and see if you get the same issue again or not.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Cache folder holds Astroid files and grows bigger and bigger 8 months 1 week ago #28188

• ozwest
  • Premium Member
Thank you for the release of the new Astroid. I have installed it and delete the cache with the Astroid folder in it as described in post above.

I checked back about an hour later to see if there are new files and found the 'astroid" folder and the sub folders (as previous post) back there.

In particular the folders "css" and "js" had already accumulated files. I attach them for you to see.

I have downloaded one of the .js files and I could make it available to you if you would like to take a look.

thank you
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by ozwest. Reason: Wrong attachment

Cache folder holds Astroid files and grows bigger and bigger 8 months 1 week ago #28213

• nishtha
This topic is under consideration now, we'll discuss this with the team and find a conclusion to it soon.
For now you will have to delete it manually.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Cache folder holds Astroid files and grows bigger and bigger 8 months 4 days ago #28247

• nishtha
The cache files grow bigger and bigger is because this cache is generated everytime you open the website. Each page you browse generates it's own cache stored in that file thus making its size bigger each time, this also helps in loading the website faster.

But now since the growing file size is an issue so we'll see what can be done there.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.424 seconds
Cron Job Starts