The Joomla Security Strike team has been informed that there is a critical security issue in its latest Joomla version Joomla! 3.7.0.
On 12 May 2017, they announced that this will be an important security fix and we will recommend everyone to be prepared to upgrade your Joomla version to Joomla 3.7.1. Read the official Statement here.
Important Security Issues Fixed
What is Joomla 3.7.1?
Joomla 3.7.1 is the very latest update released on Wednesday 17th May 2017. It is released with a critical security issue fix along with some other bug fixes. In this release a very high priority Core – SQL Injection security issue has been fixed. More information.
- Fixed attribute checks in the new calendar #15573
- Inject the JInput dependency into the session handler #15605
- Fix b/c break in JMenuItem #15553
- Fix article ordering in the backend #15655
- Fix milliseconds handling in for PHP Versions lower to 7.1.0 #15853
- Fixing JFilterInput adding byte offsets to character offset #15966
- Redirection fails on multiple status values produced by old FOF2 Extensions #15738
- Remove empty locked cache file if callback function terminate process #15592
- Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
What about Our Template and Extensions?
After the release of Joomla 3.7.1, our development team working on upgrading Free Joomla templates and Premium Joomla template along with Joomla extensions to Joomla 3.7.1 so you can get secure and amazing experience on your website.
So to get an update about template and extensions, stay tuned at JoomDev official channels. Do Subscribe to get the update directly in ur inbox.